All Old Skool kawasaki discussion - pre 90's
Post a reply

Re: The 4th gets a new addition.......

Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:10 pm

Jonno wrote:hmmm, might have a jet kit for same model from same fella if you want it?

That was for a B model, Gos has "C" model carbs ;)

Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:33 am

Gosling1 wrote: the chain-tensioner problem I thought was about the balance-shaft ?

no mate the prob is the starter uses the generator chain to spin 'er up

when the bikes actually running the tensioner's on the unloaded part of the chain & everything's cool

but when the starters turning the crank the tensioner's on the loaded part of the chain so the chain's pushing the tensioner

if the tensioner starts to fail you'll hear it whackin' against the clutch operating plate when the starter's engaged

best to correct the problem before something grenades...LOL

Gosling1 wrote:On one of the US forums, with just some simple mods and the use of other OEM kwakka parts - they can easily get these motors running 140hp at the rear wheel...........its a goal.

8)

back in '97 when i was a hyped up GPz nut...another mate who was at the time building ZX-7 SuperBike engines for the Canadian Kawasaki Racing Team was teasing me with pics of the European ZRX 1100 & telling me if i got my paws on one he'd give it 160 ponies...

the guy's a master of "squish"
Last edited by jefflthomas on Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:50 am

Phil wrote:
Jonno wrote:hmmm, might have a jet kit for same model from same fella if you want it?

That was for a B model, Gos has "C" model carbs ;)

Thought as much 8)

Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:02 am

Nice pics there jefflthomas They are a good looking bike IMHO the 1000 R / old ZX 10
Post a reply