P5 Forgotten Era Z1000 racebike...

All Old Skool kawasaki discussion - pre 90's

P5 Forgotten Era Z1000 racebike...

Postby Gosling1 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:18 pm

Now this is a lot closer to a reasonable price. If I was in the market for a decent beginners Period 5 bike in the unlimited class, this would fit the bill nicely.....although you would try to knock the price down to 4 1/2 or under 5 if possible....

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330499831924&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:AU:1123

Has all the right bits on it, and with a good race-seat and some other smaller mods - this could be a good bike for someone looking for an entry bike into Unlimited Historic racing.....

:kuda:
".....shut the gate on this one Maxie......it's the ducks guts !!............."
Gosling1
Team Donut
Team Donut

Bike: Z900
State: ACT

Re: P5 Forgotten Era Z1000 racebike...

Postby 6maniac » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:24 pm

Hey Gos - a bit left field .... where do the Honda CB1100R variants fit ( B model ) ?
I've spent over 40 years of my life riding bikes .... the rest of it, I wasted ..
If it's got wheels or tits, it's gonna give you trouble !
HCST #2
Team Black '09 ..... R.I.P. - 2011.
Back in Black....2011.
6maniac
KSRC Addict
KSRC Addict

Bike: Z750
State: New South Wales

Postby Gosling1 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:28 pm

CB1100R's are all good mate - the Period 5 class runs through to 1982 now, so all the brouhaha about these models ( and the Z1000J and the Katana) - is all history. Because the 1100R (wether in Bol'dor or 'R' versions) basically remained the same bike since it was released - they are eligible in just about any configuration. Always been a few poking around in the Unlimited class over the years.....one of the very few Hondas that I rate as a good bike.

8)
".....shut the gate on this one Maxie......it's the ducks guts !!............."
Gosling1
Team Donut
Team Donut

Bike: Z900
State: ACT

Postby 6maniac » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:31 pm

Ta, mate...

* wanders away to check bank account *
:roll:
I've spent over 40 years of my life riding bikes .... the rest of it, I wasted ..
If it's got wheels or tits, it's gonna give you trouble !
HCST #2
Team Black '09 ..... R.I.P. - 2011.
Back in Black....2011.
6maniac
KSRC Addict
KSRC Addict

Bike: Z750
State: New South Wales

Postby Slow and wobbly » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:38 pm

But why is everything always advertised "on behalf of a friend" - those words scream dodgey to me. Is it a code for something? Selling under a pseudonym? Or are there people still out there that are completely computer illieterate that are able to source parts, knowledge and services to have this type of machine built without going anywhere near the internets these days?
It is a good 'un and I reckon the price is fair. Consider the ability of the average Layman getting hold of a z1000 shitter (If you could) and transforming it to a similar result. Money well spent at the price asked.
I got a sweater for my birthday. I realy wanted a moaner or a screamer.
Slow and wobbly
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: Scooter
State: Victoria

Postby Stace » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:37 pm

Slow and wobbly wrote:But why is everything always advertised "on behalf of a friend" - those words scream dodgey to me. Is it a code for something? Selling under a pseudonym? Or are there people still out there that are completely computer illieterate that are able to source parts, knowledge and services to have this type of machine built without going anywhere near the internets these days?
It is a good 'un and I reckon the price is fair. Consider the ability of the average Layman getting hold of a z1000 shitter (If you could) and transforming it to a similar result. Money well spent at the price asked.

Your a glass half empty person aren't you wobbles? :twisted:
FASTER AND FASTER Until the Thrill of Speed Over Powers the Fear of Death
Stace
Team Bolt
Team Bolt

Bike: ZX9R
State: Victoria

Return to Classic Kawi Discussion