All Old Skool kawasaki discussion - pre 90's
Post a reply

New Generation Classics - Bling for old Zeddies

Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:52 pm

OK punters, for those of you out there who love your old dungers - and who doesn't ? :lol: - at the recent Barry Sheene Festival of Speed, I was introduced to some sensational bling for old zeddies - New Generation Classic - or NGC. This is a line of products that Graeme Crosby has designed for old zeds, starting with upgraded triple clamps. It has only just been released - so you guys are getting the *very* early mail on this new design.

The name NGC refers to bringing the old classic’s into modern times by using modern materials and design - but still holding onto those classic old style that we have grown to love. There are 2 types of triple-clamp that are available for the Z9/Z1000. One style has a 50mm offset and uses the standard 36mm forks. The second style allows for the fitment of either ZX10 or ZX6 front-ends. Basically - you can bolt a set of these triple clamps up to your stock Z9 or Z1000, and then fit an entire front end from a 10 or a 6 !!

Technically, it has been designed to provide a more sporty feel to the steering than the standard set-up. They both come with brackets to hold the standard instruments.

I will be looking to have Croz make me a set that can bolt into a 1983 GPz1100. The basic dimensions are similiar to a Z9/Z1000, but with a slightly thicker steering stem. One of the GPz's tucked into the 4th Dimension is booked in for a Shadowfax tank & seat unit - so the use of a ZX10 front end on this bike would seem to be appropriate :lol: . Not sure on the back-end treatment yet, but thinking about a ZX9 shock & swingarm etc.....

So without any furher ado - Here are some pics of the triple-clamps. In the flesh - they are a really classy piece of equipment.

36mm forks with 50mm offset clamps in T6061.

ZX10/ZX6 forks set up in a Z900

At this stage, Croz will be listing these triple clamps for sale through the following website - http://www.trademe.co.nz/a.aspx?id=461485221.

At this stage I am hoping that a set for the old Geeper can be made up so I can kick that build off soon.

8)

Re: New Generation Classics - Bling for old Zeddies

Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:37 pm

Top Stuff Gos!

Better pics here though - http://www.ksrc-au.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=38428

:kuda:

Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:47 am

Those triple clamps are horn! I may have spent a little too long fondling them at EC but I don't think Croz noticed ;)

Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:21 am

MickLC wrote:Those triple clamps are horn! I may have spent a little too long fondling them at EC but I don't think Croz noticed ;)

I dont see a problem with that Mick, luck I didnt see them or we may have both been doing it.

That stuff looks supertrick, cant wait to see the "Shadowfax II" project kick off Gos ;)

Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:31 am

Nice 8)

Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:15 pm

MickLC wrote:....Those triple clamps are horn! I may have spent a little too long fondling them at EC but I don't think Croz noticed ;)......

oh he noticed alright ! :lol: :lol:

Phil wrote:.....That stuff looks supertrick, cant wait to see the "Shadowfax II" project kick off Gos ;).....

plans are well advanced - but the 'Fax MkII is a couple of builds down the list ;) - it should look the goods though. If you can imagine the bike below with the 'Fax bodywork - well that is what I am going to aim for. No promises about Xmas though, I don't want to lock myself into any unachievable timeframes or anything like that ! :lol: :lol:

Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:58 pm

Gosling1 wrote:Image

that looks horn, me likey - ALOT

Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:06 am

Hmmm, I've got me a set of forks off my old 6rr floating around in the shed somewhere, and a set of calipers from a 10 :rolleyes:
Post a reply