Z, ZRX, ER & other naked bikes. Get naked in here.!
Post a reply

Replacement ZRX1200 mirrors

Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:34 pm

I'm getting really tired of the stock mirrors on my '08 ZRX1200R. They give a great view of my elbows but not much else. :cry:
Has anyone fitted a set of after-market mirrors to their Rex that they are happy with and that are good quality (metal rather than plastic)?
I've asked at a local Kawasaki dealership, but they weren't much help. Don't want to use bar-end mirrors.
Would appreciate any useful advice, links and photos if you have them.
Cheers guys.

Re: Replacement ZRX1200 mirrors

Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:57 pm

E bay have a few try there..

Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:04 pm

ZRXNerd wrote:I'm getting really tired of the stock mirrors on my '08 ZRX1200R. They give a great view of my elbows but not much else. :cry:
Has anyone fitted a set of after-market mirrors to their Rex that they are happy with and that are good quality (metal rather than plastic)?
I've asked at a local Kawasaki dealership, but they weren't much help. Don't want to use bar-end mirrors.
Would appreciate any useful advice, links and photos if you have them.
Cheers guys.

I got a pair of OEM from Kwaka about 18 months ago for about $150.00.

Regards
Jap :kuda:

Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:53 pm

jap wrote:I got a pair of OEM from Kwaka about 18 months ago for about $150.00.

Regards

Hi Jap,

Were the OEM mirrors from something other than a ZRX? If so, what are they and do they give more rear vision?

Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:10 pm

ZRXNerd, Phil will pop in here eventually and give you details on his. Apparently his are pretty good. 8)

Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:22 pm

Yep, bar end mirrors are the bomb!!

Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:02 pm

You could try some mirror extenders from the UK or Ebay. They basically go in the OEM thread on the bar and then the mirror screws into the extender. Just moves the mirror mounting point up and out about 2-3 inches, enough to get past your elbows :D

Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:10 pm

ZRXNerd wrote:
jap wrote:I got a pair of OEM from Kwaka about 18 months ago for about $150.00.

Regards

Hi Jap,

Were the OEM mirrors from something other than a ZRX? If so, what are they and do they give more rear vision?

The mirrors I purhased were REX mirrors. I have recently fitted bar end mirrors and now have fantastic vision.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:26 am

Strika wrote:ZRXNerd, Phil will pop in here eventually and give you details on his. Apparently his are pretty good. 8)

Thanks Strika, I'll keep an eye out for his post.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:32 am

Damon Z1000 wrote:You could try some mirror extenders from the UK or Ebay. They basically go in the OEM thread on the bar and then the mirror screws into the extender. Just moves the mirror mounting point up and out about 2-3 inches, enough to get past your elbows :D

Yeah, tried to get some of the extenders from the ZRXOA site. Have also tried eBay (mostly plastic junk). I PM'd the guy from ZRXOA but got no response. Besides, I'd prefer not to use an extender as I think they exaggerate any vibration.
Thanks anyhoo. Appreciate the suggestions guys. 8)

Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:24 pm

ZRXNerd wrote:
Strika wrote:ZRXNerd, Phil will pop in here eventually and give you details on his. Apparently his are pretty good. 8)

Thanks Strika, I'll keep an eye out for his post.

Mine are bar ends, bloody brilliant ones too. But I read in an earlier post that you dont want bar ends :? so I will no be much help.

I agree the std mirroes work shit, look shit and gave me the shits. No problems like that now 8)

Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:49 pm

I,ve gone the bar-ends as well and luv 'em

phpxB8E9PPM.jpg
phpxB8E9PPM.jpg (53.1 KiB) Viewed 4670 times

Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:04 pm

I never really thought I'd like Bar End mirrors until my rex came with them and I'm a convert, they're brilliant but if you want something else then maybe the extenders are the go.

Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:27 am

Thanks for the info/advice guys.
I'm still sniffin' around the interweb for a suitable replacement set.
If I don't find something soon, I'm gonna have to get some bar-ends so I can actually see what's behind me (and before I get rear-ended). D'oh..!!!

Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:26 pm

Hey Phil & ezzazrx,could you guys name the brand you use plez??
It's always good to hear peoples opinions on stuff such as this.

Cheers.
Post a reply