Maa nu toy!!

ZX2R, ZXR400, ZXR750, ZX6R, ZX7R, ZX9R & ZX12R & others.

Re: Maa nu toy!!

Postby Daisy » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:02 pm

dutchy wrote:I am yet to check that one out properly, it's just information that was given to me at the time of sale. Probably bullshit, but it's irrelevant. All parts are going to be transferred onto my other base. No issues with wovr. ;-)

Yeah, thats what I'd do too. I just brought it up because I had a car on the WOVR that kept getting pushed to the end of the queue, so by the time I got around to it it was 15 years old. When I next rang transport I asked them about that one and they said it still had to go through the system.
dutchy wrote:White bikes are awesome :grin:
Daisy
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: GTR
State: South Australia

Postby dutchy » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:49 pm

So I've done a little work on the bike(s). The donor bike and the original have been sitting side by side, getting dribs and drabs picked off and swapped from one to the other. I've got a lot of the other parts I need and a few other things to help me on the way. New indicators (bulb, NOT tiny, barely visible, LEDs), a brake rebuild kit and braided lines and new bearings in the steering head and wheels. I had the local shop put the bearings in the wheels but did the steering head myself without any major issues.

Here's the donor bike in the process of being stripped. The original frame getting prepped in the background.

Score!!!Surprised to find a K&N in the donor bike.

Here are the two together. The donor in the background and the original in front.

My fairings arrived today. They seem ok. You can obviously see the difference between the factory and the Chinese product. Not sure about fit yet, that will come eventually. One unexpected turn was that they come moulded with holes for crash protectors :shock: As a result a cheap set has been purchased on fleebay to fill the void. I ride like a nana anyway so they shouldn't have to do too much work.

No, i didn't request the green eye thingies and I have no idea why they are on there, but i'll get over it. :?
I wonder if I send a photo in to "Repid" magazine will they put it in the mag??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll be covering those logos with stickers. I've got a few Rapid, Kaneg, and KSRC stickers around so they'll get added :kuda: :kuda: :kuda: :kuda:
I plan on living forever..............so far so good!!
Self appointed official poon-tang image supplier to KSRC
2010 KSRC MotoGP tipping champion

1998 ZX7R
1982 GPZ 550
dutchy
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX7R
State: Victoria

Postby Daisy » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:59 pm

dutchy wrote:No, i didn't request the green eye thingies and I have no idea why they are on there, but i'll get over it. :?

They seem to copy them from photos of bikes they find on the web. That one is a Berik logo.
dutchy wrote:White bikes are awesome :grin:
Daisy
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: GTR
State: South Australia

Postby Six Addict » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:05 pm

Daisy wrote:
dutchy wrote:No, i didn't request the green eye thingies and I have no idea why they are on there, but i'll get over it. :?

They seem to copy them from photos of bikes they find on the web. That one is a Berik logo.

Dutchy posted up a while back, someone had copied his old fairings, complete with kuda sticker and all :lol:
DUCATI HYPERMOTARD 2014
Six Addict
Pinchy
Pinchy

Bike: Ducati
State: New South Wales

Postby dutchy » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:06 pm

Daisy wrote:

Oh I know all about that :lol: :lol: :lol:
This is a copy of an original paint job design that I did years ago. They copied this photo and even use it to advertise on ebay/aliexpress/wherever

I was hoping the kuda was already going to be on there :kuda: :kuda: :kuda:
I plan on living forever..............so far so good!!
Self appointed official poon-tang image supplier to KSRC
2010 KSRC MotoGP tipping champion

1998 ZX7R
1982 GPZ 550
dutchy
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX7R
State: Victoria

Postby Daisy » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:01 pm

:oops: I need to pay attention.