ZX12R's through the years

ZX2R, ZXR400, ZXR750, ZX6R, ZX7R, ZX9R & ZX12R & others.

Postby FrogZ » Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:59 am

What I love reading is all the shit ppl that have never owned one write,
you are HYPOCRITS (look it up) you dont have a CLUE. And no taking one for a "run" doesnt qualify it, you would have been a pussy on throttle.
You have to own one for a while (like anything) its like ppl that take a 999 for ride and say Ducatis are shit... wankers.
It is a sign of jealousy, admit you want one but are too big of a pussy to use it and move on :twisted:

As for the snorkel being an afterthought, what like it was on the 9 and 6 of the same era (since it looks the same) ?? :roll:
Do you even think what you are all writing before opening your ars and letting the shit flow ??
You wanted a bite you got one, if you THINK you are not talking shite :roll:

Fucken wannabes make sick, oh by the way you may remember the pic of Robbie Phillis on one at a Demo ride on the track. His words were 'This is f*cken horn" so if you all think you know better than Robbie (and though it was a demo race I think he won, cant remember what against ?? Gos will know) .

BUT for my 10c, its NOT a pure sports bike, never was, but it sure kicks a LOT of sportbike ars on the road (as some of you well know), it IS a sports/tourer or hyper tourer or what ever. There has always been the 7R or the 10R (now) as K's PURE sportsbike. It is at least as good as 10R on the right road but a 10R will ALWAYS kick its arse around a track, as it bloody well should it has at least 5 years developement on a 12. DOH !!!! its a bit of a no brainer.

And 12s are and were raced, and do a lot of trackdays (and cartwheel well too). Put equal riders on a 12 and a 10 and the 10 will win every time, simple.
Attachments
05_Mai2006.jpg
05_Mai2006.jpg (161.79 KiB) Viewed 5328 times
Just because you CAN ride, doesn't mean you SHOULD
FrogZ
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby Stereo » Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:09 am

The reason why I am considering the 12, rather than the 10 is that I want a slightly more relaxed bike for the road.... I am planning on having a 6 for the track, and a 12 for commuting and fun rides.....
The world is round. It has no point.
Stereo
KSRC Addict
KSRC Addict

Location: Pt Cook, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Pacific Ocean, Earth
Bike: ZX10R
State: Victoria

Postby Duane » Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:11 am

Froggy... you want a tissue for that teary?

Stereo, if you want a more relaxed bike, you can also have alook at some vtwins, beautiful for relaxed riding.
www.bromancer.com.au
Duane
KSRC Addict
KSRC Addict

Bike: Z1000

Postby MickLC » Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:45 pm

Hang on Froggy. You say I'm talking shit and then agree with what I've been saying? Or were you referring to someone elses posts?

For the record I agree with everything that you are saying here...
frogzx12r wrote:BUT for my 10c, its NOT a pure sports bike, never was, but it sure kicks a LOT of sportbike ars on the road (as some of you well know), it IS a sports/tourer or hyper tourer or what ever. There has always been the 7R or the 10R (now) as K's PURE sportsbike. It is at least as good as 10R on the right road but a 10R will ALWAYS kick its arse around a track, as it bloody well should it has at least 5 years developement on a 12. DOH !!!! its a bit of a no brainer.
'13 Z1000, '76 Z650+,'91 KLR250, '95 ZX6R Racebike
MickLC
Team Crim

State: ACT

Postby ZXR750 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:08 pm

frogzx12r wrote:What I love reading is all the shit ppl that have never owned one write,
you are HYPOCRITS (look it up) you dont have a CLUE. And no taking one for a "run" doesnt qualify it, you would have been a pussy on throttle.
You have to own one for a while (like anything) its like ppl that take a 999 for ride and say Ducatis are shit... wankers.
It is a sign of jealousy, admit you want one but are too big of a pussy to use it and move on :twisted:

As for the snorkel being an afterthought, what like it was on the 9 and 6 of the same era (since it looks the same) ?? :roll:
Do you even think what you are all writing before opening your ars and letting the shit flow ??
You wanted a bite you got one, if you THINK you are not talking shite :roll:

Fucken wannabes make sick, oh by the way you may remember the pic of Robbie Phillis on one at a Demo ride on the track. His words were 'This is f*cken horn" so if you all think you know better than Robbie (and though it was a demo race I think he won, cant remember what against ?? Gos will know) .

BUT for my 10c, its NOT a pure sports bike, never was, but it sure kicks a LOT of sportbike ars on the road (as some of you well know), it IS a sports/tourer or hyper tourer or what ever. There has always been the 7R or the 10R (now) as K's PURE sportsbike. It is at least as good as 10R on the right road but a 10R will ALWAYS kick its arse around a track, as it bloody well should it has at least 5 years developement on a 12. DOH !!!! its a bit of a no brainer.

And 12s are and were raced, and do a lot of trackdays (and cartwheel well too). Put equal riders on a 12 and a 10 and the 10 will win every time, simple.

I am one of the guy's who wrote about taking one for a run. I also wrote that they are a great bike. At the time I worked for a company called Kawasaki Australia and was able to take several bikes for a run to compare them on a regular basis.
Yes it is jealosy and a lack of funds.
As for Robbie Phylis stating that they are "Horn" you could ask him how his ham sandwich is and you would get the same answer. (NO offense to Robbie as I class him as a friend).
Yes they are a great bike but they are not a sports bike.
ZXR750
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: ZXR750
State: New South Wales

Postby Groggles » Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:37 pm

i used to have one.... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
2008 ZX14R Black
2004 ZX10R Green...Snotty....GONE
2005 ZX12R Black....CRASHED
1995 ZX7/9R Green...The Mutant....GONE to a good home
2006 49cc Team Mini MotoBar...GONE
Groggles
Team S.O.B.E.R
Team S.O.B.E.R

Bike: ZX14R
State: Queensland

Postby photomike666 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:16 pm

It sounds like the over all issue is pidgeonholing.

A VFR is considered a sports tourer - a 12r is also considered such.

Neither is a pure tourer, neither is pure sports. I think the 12r is a bit more sports than the VRF.

As for buying one for a regular commute I would be seriously looking at fuel, and more importantly, tyre consumption. I have heard the 12 chews rear tyres, and I wouldn't want to commute on it if it was going to cost that much in rubber.

Perhaps a late model 9 would be more suitable. Still a relaxed riding position, and more power than the 6.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
07 ZX10R since new, tracky TBA, KX450F, 87 CR250 restoration, GT MTB - I've got serious thrill issues, dude
photomike666
Apprentice Post Whore :-)

Postby Smitty » Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:16 pm

Groggles wrote:i used to have one.... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

such a sad day too...... :cry:

but but but ...what did I see at Willy?
GOTTA LUV the 12R!!
Smitty
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZX12R

Postby MrsDuane » Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:33 pm

This thread is rediculous - the poor boy asked a simple question and has to sift through all this shit to find any reasonable info!
MrsDuane
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby photomike666 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:59 pm

I gave an honest answer - 12r, for the commute too much fuel, too many rear tyres, get a 9
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
07 ZX10R since new, tracky TBA, KX450F, 87 CR250 restoration, GT MTB - I've got serious thrill issues, dude
photomike666

Postby Stereo » Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:50 pm

photomike666 wrote:I gave an honest answer - 12r, for the commute too much fuel, too many rear tyres, get a 9

No offence to 9 owners, but I think 9's are not attractive........
The world is round. It has no point.
Stereo
KSRC Addict
KSRC Addict

Location: Pt Cook, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Pacific Ocean, Earth

Postby hoffy » Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:31 pm

MrsDuane wrote:This thread is rediculous - the poor boy asked a simple question and has to sift through all this shit to find any reasonable info!

yeah but 12 owners do nothing else but talk shit...he should have expected this..
hoffy
Team Barge
Team Barge

State: New South Wales

Postby FrogZ » Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:57 am

WOAH there Hoffy, is someone on your sign on dude.
It was a lot of other ppl talking shit, NOT 12 owners.
And yeah I was having a go at anyone and should have used specifics but add a name and some ppl get upset. Better to slightly singe all then properly flame one. besides I didnt think anyone was REALLY serious and it was just a general jealousy bagging/baiting session and I had been biting my tongue (too long) ....

As for Stereos question, the answer is the cheapest you can get, who cares what year, unless its been dragged I dont think you COULD kill the motor and ancillieries are visual, it will be pretty obvious how its been treated. If the suspension doesnt keep bouncing when you push it alls cool.

And I didnt need a tissue, just more napalm for the thrower.... :wink:
Just because you CAN ride, doesn't mean you SHOULD
FrogZ
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby BladeBoy » Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:10 am

Stereo wrote:
photomike666 wrote:I gave an honest answer - 12r, for the commute too much fuel, too many rear tyres, get a 9

No offence to 9 owners, but I think 9's are not attractive........

I would have to agree, a bit dated. sleepy4.gif
BladeBoy
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Postby Duane » Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:19 am

9's were based on the 12, no?
www.bromancer.com.au
Duane
KSRC Addict
KSRC Addict