Switch to full style
New to KSRC? Meet the regulars and check out the FAQs
Forum rules
Post a reply

Hi from Melbourne ZX9R

Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:34 pm

Hi from Melbourne, my name is Rod and I have recently bought a slightly sorry looking burgundy coloured ZX9-R C2, aka The Ginger Ninja. I'd always like these bikes, having had a spin on Cosways "EATR1" back in 1997/1998 and the ZX6 of the day. Very comfortable, easy to ride and with a fair bit of poke - so when this particular one came up via a friend of a friend a mate and I decided to have a go at ressurecting it back to its former glory. I'm currently on the hunt for some cheap EBC pro-lite brake disks (front and rear) from OS and some tyres (Peter Stevens have some good deals going now on sets of tyres). While they go on we'll take a lot of the bike to bits, give it a big clean up, change all the fluids, re-zinc and recoat some bits and pieces and hopefully get it looking nice and schmicko. As you can see in my sig my other bike is a 2003 Ducati 999R, which is just about half a world away from the ZX9-R (though I reckon the ZX9 would give it a damn good run for its money).

Re: Hi from Melbourne ZX9R

Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:48 pm

Welcome Rod. Luv the name Ginger Ninja. :kuda:

Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:51 am

G'day mate and welcome.
Sounds like a nice little project you have gotten yourself into.
Let us know when you're on the road so we can head out for a ride or in the pub so we can enjoy a beer!

Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:53 am

G'day and welcome :kuda:

Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:36 am

welcome :D :D

Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:37 am

....welcome

Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:03 pm

Welcome, gotta love the 9, but I thought the C2 only came out in the blue as per my avatar, c1 green and the b series being the maroon type colour.. as for rotors, Awesome Discs in Ringwood do good work but to be honest, when I needed new front rotors for my 9 I went the ebay route for $100 a side cheaper than Awesome Discs could do.

Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:54 pm

hi mate ..........hehe yep ya do have to love the 9 there a awesome bike .....welcome . 8)

Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:21 pm

How time flies! After all those grand plans I'm just getting into the resurrection of the Ginger Ninja! I've got Braking Wave rotors and pads in the cupboard, collected some other bits and pieces over the years and, now I've finally gotten around to getting this bike back on the road, have started hitting up Peter Stevens for various bits and pieces.

Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:22 am

Well, you must have been busy in the meantime ......

:D

Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:11 pm

He will get back to you in another 10 years :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:12 pm

Okay well it hasn't taken anywhere near ten years to get back here..... The Ginger Ninja didn't take too long to get through. My last thing is to get the exhaust "fixed" for RWC and registration. Fixed as in it has a Muzzy full exhaust on it and I'll either source some standard headers (I've got a ZX6R OEM muffler) or get a mid pipe for the muzzy headers so I can bolt up the OEM muffler I have.

Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:09 am

Time to post up some piccies, Rod.

Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:32 am

billwest wrote:Time to post up some piccies, Rod.

What he said!

(-8

Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:22 pm

IMG_20200802_172244bb.jpg
Post a reply