Discussion area for Newer Riders and LAM's bikes including the Ninja 250
Forum rules
Post a reply

Got my P's : )

Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:04 pm

Hi guys,
sorry bout this post but I couldn't contain my excitement over getting my P's yesterday. Went to Clyde training center for my pre-provisional course, I had Jethro as our training instructor, we had 6 in our class and we all passed.
The morning started with a refresher of what we learnt from our learners course, then we headed out to the course area to practice the MOST test and also allowed me to get use to the CB250 all over again, I chose to hire because I heard the CB250 was easier to manouver. Anyways Jethro starts off with riding and showing us how to do figure 8's, sharp U turns, quick stops, cone weaving. After showing us an exercise Jethro made us go and do it and stopped each of us to give one on one feedback on what we were doing wrong and right.
Bloody awsome instructor, he made us less nervous, I was so worried about the cone weave and U turn but the way he taught us made it soooo easy!!!. Ok Cone weave, he placed the cones apart in a straight line and made us all weave through them and in my mind I thought, wow I thought they had to be offset, this is going to be easy!! cause I had trouble when they were offset, kept putting my feet down. What I didn't notice was each time one of us went through he would move one cone slightly offset (I thought he was picking them up cause someone knocked them down). By the time we finished practicing cone weave all the cones were offset and we all made it through no problem.
U turns...he didnt actually say it was a U turn practice, he skipped to the quick stop, he just said go to end of the course area, turn right when you get to the edge turn back go through the cones when you get to the yellow line do the quick stop.....the turns he made us do before the quick stop was actually smaller then the 6.1m space required for the U Turns, bout 5m, we did it without even knowing!!!. After the practice runs we went back to the classroom and talked more about roadcraft before having lunch.
After lunch we headed out onto the roads following each other around a big block with winding roads, intersections, roundabouts, stop signs, give ways etc, Jethro started following the first student while we tagged behind and explained how to buffer/setup and gave us feedback after each lap. The next lap he would go and follow the next person and the rest of us followed maintaining the riding order. Once he got to the end of the last guy we went back to the training center, had a short break while he put on his serious side and became a RTA tester.
We all took turns one by one doing the MOST while the rest watched from a distance (Couldnt see much cause of the barriers they have up) and cheered when given the nod that they passed. Only 2 of 6 students got demerit points one for not stopping in quick enough (4points) and the other for not doing 1 head check (3points). WE all passed and went straight to our nearest RTA. Had an awasome day and made a few friends too. btw I scored 0 demerits : ).

MOST isnt as bad as some say.
Wazza

Re: Got my P's : )

Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:07 pm

Awesome stuff Wazza 8)

Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:11 pm

Congrats :kuda:
Long winded but :?

Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:29 pm

Congrats!
:D

Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:01 pm

Well done :kuda:

Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:25 pm

Good on you and congratulations. :D :D :D

Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:18 pm

Great Work! Congrats

Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:41 pm

I aint gunna read all that......... :shock: :shock: :shock: but i'm guessing you got your P's, so congrats...........

Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:05 pm

Congratulations on getting ur P's :D

& i personally didn't mind all the writing, cos i have no idea what the MOST (& whole day) will be like, so ur description helped give me some idea of what i'm in for, hopefully in the next 3-4 months :shock: , so thanks :kuda:

Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:06 pm

congrats mate, im booked in for loftus on the 6th of september... hope i pass!
Post a reply