Aussie Boy Stays Green - 2012 Kawasaki WSS/Superstock 1000

Discussion area for Moto GP, WSB, WSS and national racing - non Kawi related

Aussie Boy Stays Green - 2012 Kawasaki WSS/Superstock 1000

Postby valkau » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:29 pm

New Kawasaki WSS Line-Up Eager For 2012 Season To Start
Kenan Sofuoglu and Sheridan Morais will line up as team-mates in the official 2012 Kawasaki DeltaFin WSS team, managed by Vanni Lorenzini, and each rider has already started preparations in earnest.
Sheridan first got the chance to ride the Supersport Kawasaki at the end of season tests at Portimao, setting the fastest lap time and proving that he will be a force to be reckoned with as he moves over to WSS from the Superstock 1000 class. He claimed a podium on the 2011 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R for the Lorenzini by Leoni team at the final round of the year.

Kenan is already a double championship winning legend in the WSS paddock and will to return after a season spent in the Moto2 Championship. He has already had the chance to test his new machine and like Morais has set laps at Aragon and Valencia in Spain in readiness for the onrushing 2012 campaign, which starts in Australia in late February.

Team Pedercini Signs Guarnoni And Staring For Superstock 1000 FIM Cup
Jeremy Guarnoni has signed for Team Pedercini for the 2012 racing season and the French rider will take part in the Superstock 1000 FIM Cup on a Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R.

Guarnoni’s team-mate will be Bryan Staring. The Aussie rider has renewed his agreement with Pedercini and he will therefore ride the Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R for the second consecutive year.

Guarnoni was the Superstock 600 Champion in 2010 when he won more races than anyone else, and scored a total of eight podium finishes. The 18-year-old talent from Toulouse in France last year raced in the Superstock 1000 FIM Cup, concluding the season in seventeenth position while Staring finished his first racing season in Europe in eleventh place.

With Guarnoni and Staring the Pedercini team has put together a solid new team; both riders are young but with a range of experience and a strong will to win the championship.

Bryan Staring: “I'm so happy to be part of the Pedercini Kawasaki team again in the FIM Superstock 1000 class. I had a huge learning curve in 2011 and really think we can do better in 2012. Pedercini Kawasaki is a family run team that have made me very welcome and I really feel a part of this family now. I'm looking forward to getting the season underway again in 2012. The bike now has 12 months development under its belt, and my relationship with both it and the team is solid. I know what to expect from life and racing in Europe and plan to take advantage of all my mistakes in 2011. And for these reasons I'm happy to be back in Superstock 1000 class again. A massive thanks to the team and to Kawasaki for keeping their faith in me, I think we will show our best together in 2012.”
valkau
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX10R
State: New South Wales

Return to General Racing Discussion