Discussion area for Moto GP, WSB, WSS and national racing - non Kawi related
Post a reply

Ben Spies Wildcard Valencia ride colours

Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:20 pm

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/racing/yamahas-official-motogp-livery-ben-spies-valencia/

8)

Re: Ben Spies Wildcard Valencia ride colours

Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:51 pm

maybe its just me i've never seen those elbow sliders on any other riders 8)

Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:13 am

I've seen them before, but I don't think I've ever seen anyone require them quite like Ben Spies :shock:
Attachments
Elbowz-560x373.jpg
Elbowz-560x373.jpg (52.48 KiB) Viewed 6647 times

Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:45 am

hopper was doing it on the kwaka...

and on the suzuki...

and casey...
Attachments
224237_Casey+Stoner+in+action+in+Catalunya-1280x960-jun7-2.jpg.preview_big.jpg
224237_Casey+Stoner+in+action+in+Catalunya-1280x960-jun7-2.jpg.preview_big.jpg (48.61 KiB) Viewed 6621 times

Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:50 am

they are Alpinestars standard fitment on race suits. its just a hard rubber elbow guard. otherwise it scuffs the leather elbows like madkaws race suit. 8)

Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:47 am

i must say I am a fan of spies, love his no bullshit attitude..

I will be following him and melandri in next years GP season..

Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:41 pm

I'll be suprised if he can mix it consistently with the top 4 guys. Ever.

Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:55 pm

I wouldn't

Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:34 pm

Time will tell, but seeing as how Toseland just lapped a second faster than Spies on his first ride on the R1 it doesn't look good.

Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:20 pm

farrrkkkkkkkkkkk.....

Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:17 pm

Yep, the boy can ride. 8) He'll be up there with the big four by the end of next season me thinks.

Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:42 pm

And Rossi...
Attachments
rossi.JPG

Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:50 pm

If Phil was reading this thread, he would be *very* dissapointed..... :? Elbow-scraping is nothing new at all.

The ORIGINAL and BEST elbow-scraper - was Jean Phillipe Ruggia. Here is a picture of John-Phil, doing the elbow scrape dance at Donington Park, UK - 250cc GP - in 1998 !! almost 12 years ago....this was the bloke who pioneered elbow-scrapers.......

Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:52 pm

Ticketyman wrote:Time will tell, but seeing as how Toseland just lapped a second faster than Spies on his first ride on the R1 it doesn't look good.

I wouldnt be reading too much into it, it was the only round just about all year that Spies struggled with the Yamaha's old bug bear, rear tyre wear.

You'd hope that with another few days under their belts they'd get it sorted. He (Toesland) also didnt have to string 25+ laps togeather AND win Yamaha's first WSBK Championship.............

BTW, I thought his ride in the GP was brilliant ;) Where did ol James finish :)

Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:54 pm

Gosling1 wrote:If Phil was reading this thread, he would be *very* dissapointed..... :? Elbow-scraping is nothing new at all.

The ORIGINAL and BEST elbow-scraper - was Jean Phillipe Ruggia. Here is a picture of John-Phil, doing the elbow scrape dance at Donington Park, UK - 250cc GP - in 1998 !! almost 12 years ago....this was the bloke who pioneered elbow-scrapers.......

Yes, well pointed out Gos. Dont forget Jean Michele Bayle after "Elbows Ruggia", what is it with those crazy French
Post a reply