Gazza given the heave ho from BE1 Triumph

Discussion area for Moto GP, WSB, WSS and national racing - non Kawi related

Gazza given the heave ho from BE1 Triumph

Postby Phil » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:37 pm

For Jason DiSalvo..........now "why" comes to mind.

Bit late for Mr Squiggle to find another ride now.......Not happy Jan.

Australian Garry McCoy has been left stunned by his dismissal as Triumph's factory rider in the 2010 Supersport World Championship.

Less than two weeks after he was officially confirmed alongside Briton Chaz Davies in the 2010 line-up, the Australian’s place in the Italian-managed BE1 squad will now be taken by American Jason DiSalvo.

“I am absolutely shocked," said McCoy in statement released by his management. “Shocked to say how this has ended, after all of last year’s achievements.

“This was going to be my third year with Triumph and, amongst everything; it was going to be the greatest season for each and every person who has bet on Triumph's project.

“I had found a home with Triumph and I have been fully investing myself since 2008 in the development of the bike.

“At this stage of the season the damage caused is incalculable and I am not talking about economic terms. I am talking about one's illusion, about goals in life, about achievements.

“I started racing in world championship in 1992. My goal is as simple as keep on racing and entertaining all the fans that believe in my work.”

McCoy's slant on his dismissal is clearly at odds with the official release from BE1 Triumph, which said that "the Australian had been expected to take his place alongside Davies, but has left the team by mutual consent".

The former 500 GP and world superbike winner was eighth in last year's supersport title, which included two podium finishes. He was expected to be a major championship contender in 2010, but Triumph’s factory fortunes will now be left in the hands of the two rookies, Davies and DiSalvo.
Phil

2018 Z900RS
2017 Z125 Pro

HCC - Road Captain
Phil
Philthy
Philthy

Re: Gazza given the heave ho from BE1 Triumph

Postby dave#3 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:57 pm

Poor bastard - I thought he was going really well on the Trumpy and looked set for an even better year this year. There's obviously more to if - the announcement from the team boss made it sound like they couldn't agree on $$. I hope he gets a good ride (doubtful, I know) and sticks it up 'em. Love your style Gazz
dave#3 | '03 z1000 roadie | '08 zx6r tracky | '03 KLX400R dirty
http://www.oz4x4.net/gallery2
Winner - KSRC Murphy's Law Award 2008
dave#3
Team Ninja

Bike: Z1000
State: New South Wales

Postby un_majstk » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:35 pm

hes just freeing himself up for the motogp 1000's again. :)
un_majstk
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: Honda
State: New South Wales

Postby Zoidberg » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:26 pm

Perhaps Triumph want an American to sell more bikes in the U.S. The funny thing is though, Garry McCoy is probably better known in America than Jason Di Salvo and would be more successful to promote the brand. A lose/lose situation I think.
Ah, computer dating. It's like pimping but you rarely have to use the phrase "upside your head" - Bender Bending Rodríguez
Zoidberg
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby philbo » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:27 pm

knew i didnt like triumph for a reason XXbazooka.gif XXbazooka.gif XXbazooka.gif
KEEPIN'IT REAL ON THE WESS SIDE

DONT LET FEAR HOLD YOU BACK

Storm-010 white zx6r
philbo
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX6R
State: Western Australia

Postby Zoidberg » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:45 pm

It appears McCoy will take the role racing/testing the new FB Corse MotoGP bike that John Hopkins was supposed to ride. This has a similar nasty stench of the Ilmor project to it. Hopefully, by some miracle, FB Corse have lucked in on the perfect combination and Gaz can finish his career on a competitive bike.
Ah, computer dating. It's like pimping but you rarely have to use the phrase "upside your head" - Bender Bending Rodríguez
Zoidberg
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Return to General Racing Discussion