Curtain on Yamaha in FX

Discussion area for Moto GP, WSB, WSS and national racing - non Kawi related

Curtain on Yamaha in FX

Postby MadKaw » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:24 pm

Kevin Curtain joins Yamaha Racing Team

From Yamaha Australia.

One of Australia’s most successful and talented riders has joined
Yamaha Racing Team for the 2010 season.

Kevin Curtain from Rathmines, NSW resumes his long and illustrious career with Yamaha having enjoyed great success with the brand both at home and abroad.

Curtain, who finished runner up in the 2005 and 2006 World Supersport Championship on a YZF-R6 is delighted to be reacquainted with Yamaha in Australia: “I’m stoked to be back on the same awesome team and I know the bikes will perform great. Plus I’m back in Formula Xtreme where I had some top results before I headed over to Europe. So everything is new but really familiar at the same time. I can’t wait to get on the bikes and start racing,” says the 42-year-old.

Yamaha Motorsports manager Ray Howard is pleased to welcome Curtain on board the new team: “Kevin has more experience than the rest of the paddock put together and he is lightning fast motorcycle racer who is equally at home on big bore 1000cc bikes as he is on the smaller 600s. He can also develop a bike like few others out there. In fact, during the time he spent with Yamaha in World Supersports competition he helped develop the R6 into the race track dominator it is today,” he explains.“We anticipate that Kevin will be a great asset to the Yamaha Racing Team and his vast experience can only help our younger riders Pat Medcalf and Rick Olson,” continues Howard.

Curtain replaces the departing Bryan Staring who opted to compete in the ASBK series in a different class. Curtain will ride a YZF-R1 and YZF-R6 in the Superstock FX1000 and FX600 classes as well as show casing the YZF-R6 Supersports bike at the Yamaha round of the World SBK Championship at Phillip Island.
Dave
2010 Z1000
ex bikes
05 ZX-10R Race Bike - No.77
95 ZXR750R M Race Bike - No. 75
98 ZX9R Race Bike - No. 000
zx6r, zx7r, GPX750, GPX500, lots of KX's.
I ride way too fast to worry about cholesterol
MadKaw
Administrator
Administrator

Bike: ZX10R
State: New South Wales

Return to General Racing Discussion