Easter races at the Creek

Discussion area for Moto GP, WSB, WSS and national racing - non Kawi related

Re: Easter races at the Creek

Postby Charlie » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:31 am

s man wrote:
Charlie wrote:still working on plenty more.

s man - give me some info so I can see if I took any of you - class, colours etc.

Bike 20 the QUIVER Suzuki 750 . Pre modern F1/2
Thanks Steve.

I know the one! Already posted up a shot in your thread on the Mad Dog forum!

This one....

www.scottspics.com.au

Suzuki Bandit 2010 GSF1250SA Road
Kawasaki 1995 ZX6R Road & eventually track - SOLD!
Charlie
Warming up
Warming up

Bike: ZX6R
State: New South Wales

Postby Gosling1 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:11 pm

shinnynoggon wrote:....the good old stop at pit entry and swap bikes with your team mate cause your bike has a fault and you are on pole :shock: didn't enter his head that there was something strange about the numbers :shock: :roll: would have been ok if he started at his teammates grid posi :? ;)....

It was the oddest thing I have seen in racing for years !! I spotted Warwick and Higgsy riding slowly out of T9 on the warmup lap next to each other, talking - it was clear that *something* was up, and given how Warwicks bike ( #28, HIggsy's spare P&M 1230 kwakka) had run in the previous leg......not very well......it seemed that the gremlims had returned during the warm-up lap....

I bet Warwick did not even think about starting from Higgsy's grid position !!!

This race had everything.........bike swap at the start, then Warwick was penalised 10 seconds for a jump start ( which none of us in the grandstand saw ! :shock: :x ) - Robbie Phillis had a flat battery in the previous leg, so had borrowed a battery from Rick Kwok for this race.....he got a great start as usual, led Nowland for the first few laps, then Warwick got in front.....and gapped him a bit. Then Robbie seemed to get right back on his tail........until the loaned battery also started to give up the ghost ! His bike sounded like it was running on 3 cylinders down the chute......

In the meantime, Laurie Fyffe had been battling with Leo Cash for 3rd place, about 10secs behind the front runners.....he finally got the better of Cash, then set out after a rapidly-slowing Rob Phillis on the 3-cyl gixxer.......and caught him down the front straight on the last lap, about 50m before the line !!! :shock: This put Fyffe into 2nd place.......

I spotted the Clerk of the Course having a conversation with Warwick Nowland and Higgsy in the pits shortly after the race had finished.....and about 10 minutes later, had a quick yak with Keith as he was on his way up to the tower.....apparently the decision had been made to disqualify Warwick from the results, based on the change of bike without prior notification....

It was a $5000 first prize, which now found its way into Laurie Fyffe's hands !! :shock:

Like I said, a race that had it all. Real big shame that Warwick was disqualified, I am sure he was not worried about the prizemoney, but it would have left a bad taste in his mouth. Aaah well, them's the breaks......

8)
".....shut the gate on this one Maxie......it's the ducks guts !!............."
Gosling1
Team Donut
Team Donut

Bike: Z900
State: ACT

Postby the kid » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:46 pm

Nice for Laurie , top bloke and clean as a whistle . Hate that swapsies thing , grrrrr .
Ummmm let me see
the kid
KSRC Addict
KSRC Addict

Bike: Yamaha
State: Victoria

Postby chris41 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:11 am

Hi guys, took my 1000J to the Barry Sheene as well with my mate Simon with his Bol Dor and FZR1000
The weekend didn't go as well as planned our pit crew couldn't get there till late.
We were Qualifying No 1 with Simons FZR1000 and Q No.2 with the Forgotten Era bikes Simon had a blister on his one race old Pirrelli Super corsa rear on the FZR which had to be changed and the springs on the new shocks on his Bol Dor where to hard.
The electricity went out in the carports as I was about to get on the start rollers to go out for qualifying and my bike couldn't be started Simon and I pushed it for a bit then up to the pit row garages to borrow a starter she fired up but qualifying was over so Simon and I didn't qualify for anything and had to star rear of grid in the non Barry Sheene races I finished the day 10th in FE though so that wasn't too bad

Graig McMartin on theThe Vincent was not allowed to run as it was deemed illegal and Warwick Nowland pulled 1:40 on Kieth Higgs spare bike but they were disqualified for swapping bikes on the warm up lap in the final of the Barry Sheen race when Warwicks P&M had a problem. Laurrie Fyfe won the $5000 on a GSX1100 then Robbie Phillis GSX1100 then Leo Cash GSX 1100

So not a great weekend but not a total failure. I pretty happy with my riding I stuck with Leo Cash for a bit when he ran off and had to pass me.
Overall the bike was good though I could have gone a lot faster but the soft rear I had on was licorice it was just tearing up and was moving all over the place but not too scary which tells us the bikes handling isn't too bad
but I just couldn't wind it on to hard out of corners
I've got some more plans for the bike so we'll see.
I put super bike bars on last night with lower risers instead of the Renthals
( handles good at small tracks with the MX bars though)
and next is a ELR fairing, frame mounted with an oil cooler mounted inside

The bike is AWESOME off the line and over the hill in turn 3 it's lifting in third and not just a bit, but the top end could be better
I may have to go up from the CR33s carbs
chris41

Postby s man » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:59 pm

Good on ya Chris. I was watching you & Ivan, you two were very busy. But you looked to be having a ball. I love the Honda & you look like you have a handle on it too.
BTW the Mrs says hi..
Steve.
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
s man
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: Z1000

Postby Gosling1 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:35 pm

The old Zed sounded pretty good down the chute Chris !! I didn't know you were a member here mate - will you be doing the next round at Wakefield ??

8)
".....shut the gate on this one Maxie......it's the ducks guts !!............."
Gosling1
Team Donut
Team Donut

State: ACT

Postby chris41 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:09 am

I hope to do Wakefield we'll see how work goes.
The big-bore Tingate system on it does sound good.
chris41

Previous

Return to General Racing Discussion