Gee...Rossi must have cost Ducati ALOT!!!

Discussion area for Moto GP, WSB, WSS and national racing - non Kawi related

Gee...Rossi must have cost Ducati ALOT!!!

Postby sneakypete » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:04 pm

1990 Honda RS250GP bike (race bike)
1992 Suzuki Across (GSX250)
1993 Honda CBR600
1995 Honda RVF400 (race bike)
1999 Kawasaki ZX9R
2005 Kawasaki Z1000
sneakypete
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: Z1000
State: New South Wales

Re: Gee...Rossi must have cost Ducati ALOT!!!

Postby fireyrob » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:10 pm

FMD :shock:
09 ZX6R
03 Zthou
fireyrob
KSRC Addict
KSRC Addict

Postby dilligaf » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:51 pm

Casey had a few interesting things to say last night (towards the end 6 mins in)

That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba.... Hunter S. Thompson.
dilligaf
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: Z900
State: Victoria

Postby s man » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:24 pm

He pretty much said what we all knew, the duke is at its peak, & theres nothing left in it.
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
s man
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Postby mick_dundee » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:44 pm

s man wrote:He pretty much said what we all knew, the duke is at its peak, & theres nothing left in it.

If the Duke is at it's peak then I gues Stoner is just riding shit... it was clearly a better bike 2 seasons or so ago when Stoner won the championship so either the rest have improved considerably or as above, Stoner is riding like shit.

And little doubt Rossi would be earming shitloads, even more on endorsements being an Italian on an Italian bike.
A good mate will bail you out of jail, a true mate will be sitting in the cell next to you saying "Damn, we fucked up!!!"
mick_dundee
Team Naked
Team Naked

Bike: Suzuki

Postby aardvark » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:02 pm

mick_dundee wrote:If the Duke is at it's peak then I gues Stoner is just riding shit...

I don't think that's right at all, Mick. It is clear that Yamaha and Honda have made massive amounts of improvement this year. The top speed advantage that the Ducati used to have is long gone, and it would seem to me that Casey is having to ride beyond the limitations of the bike to fight for the podium. Hell, even the non-factory Hondas and Yamahas are showing him a clean tail.

Just because he says that the bike is at its peak, doesn't mean its any good. It's like saying that the new Kia is at its peak. Doesn't mean it's as good as a BMW.
aardvark
Apprentice Post Whore :-)

Bike: Yamaha
State: South Australia

Postby s man » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:53 pm

mick_dundee wrote:
s man wrote:He pretty much said what we all knew, the duke is at its peak, & theres nothing left in it.

If the Duke is at it's peak then I gues Stoner is just riding shit... it was clearly a better bike 2 seasons or so ago when Stoner won the championship so either the rest have improved considerably or as above, Stoner is riding like shit.

And little doubt Rossi would be earming shitloads, even more on endorsements being an Italian on an Italian bike.

Fully agree ardvark.. Stoner is riding the wheels off that thing! The bike is underdeveloped by two years IMO.
Stoner even addmitted that. The rest have improved since 2007. Its now 2010. The rest have caought up with their devolopment & passed the Ducati. The results are telling the story. Casey will be a gun on the honda, thats my thoughts anyway. Rossi will struggle just as Stoner has with Ducati. Maybe Ducati will fast track development next year, but I doubt Rossi will be setting the world on fire straight away...
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
s man
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Postby Six Addict » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:29 pm

if rossi takes burgess, he will win the championship... simple as that, that guy knows how to make a motorcycle work...
DUCATI HYPERMOTARD 2014
Six Addict
Pinchy
Pinchy

Bike: Ducati

Postby aardvark » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:32 pm

Six Addict wrote:if rossi takes burgess, he will win the championship... simple as that, that guy knows how to make a motorcycle work...

It's also well known that Rossi provides excellent feedback with regards to what changes need to be made.

"CAL CRUTCHLOW has said Valentino Rossi's input into the settings of his Yamaha YZF-R1 WSB racer played a pivotal part in the Brit's double victory at Silverstone's round of this year's World Superbike series.

Last month, Rossi used the World Superbike Yamaha to make his return to motorcycle racing in a 46-lap test at Misano circuit, Italy, following the Italian's leg-breaking accident at Mugello.

Cructhlow confirmed Rossi had given the team valuable information on the bike's engine settings but kept out of the chassis side of things:

“Not chassis settings, because he likes things different," said Crutchlow. "But he told us some things about electronic settings that improved the throttle connection and engine pick-up. I used the settings at Silverstone, and they were really good."
aardvark

Bike: Yamaha
State: South Australia

Postby Six Addict » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:49 pm

thats why the combo will be almost unstoppable ;)
DUCATI HYPERMOTARD 2014
Six Addict
Pinchy
Pinchy

Bike: Ducati

Postby mick_dundee » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:58 pm

And given Ducati has pulled out of WSB then they'll have a shitload more money to play with too. I'll be very surprised of the Duke isn't right up there next year.
A good mate will bail you out of jail, a true mate will be sitting in the cell next to you saying "Damn, we fucked up!!!"
mick_dundee
Team Naked
Team Naked

Bike: Suzuki

Return to General Racing Discussion