Discussion area for Moto GP, WSB, WSS and national racing - non Kawi related
Post a reply

Re: MOTOGP Round 1 Qatar

Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:30 pm

not going to lie stoner is the fastest but still finds ways to bag the bike!!!
he's the man to beat be happy dude jebus i'll gladly swap and race bikes for a living!!! :kuda:

Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:29 pm

It's that constant drive to improve that got him to where he is...

Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:44 pm

Casey has always had issues with crashing even back when he was riding for LCR. He has shown what he can do when he stays up right, I am hoping that this year is another one of them for him.

With the changes coming next year it will be interesting to see how much change will come to Ducati this year

Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:11 pm

gman017 wrote:Casey has always had issues with crashing even back when he was riding for LCR. He has shown what he can do when he stays up right, I am hoping that this year is another one of them for him.

Things arn't always as they appear. Unless your Johnny on the spot and you actually know the whole team dynamics then it's really really hard to to say what the reasons are.
Internal politics, ego's, arrogance, team orders, poor management, mistakes, carelessness and incompetence all play a part. All you see is the end result and ipso facto, you draw a conclusion.

Since Stoner left LCR it has been reported that, due to Stoner's riding style and the way he loads the front tyre, that he was bottoming out the front shock on high load fast corners. Thing is that LC, as team owner, refused to fix the problem stating that he knew best!!!

So what would you do if it didn't matter what you said to your team engineer they just ignored you and told you to ride it the way it was??

Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:55 pm

gman017 wrote:

So what would you do if it didn't matter what you said to your team engineer they just ignored you and told you to ride it the way it was??[/quote]

I'd do what Casey did & walk, he went to the right team, & will bring us home a world championship this year. :kuda:

Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:29 pm

I disagree with Casey being a crasher as such. He has never been on A machinery, unless you consider the Ducati an A bike. The LCR was B support, not a full factory bike. All his 125 + 250 rides were the same. B bikes, back then B tyres too.

As for Qatar I didn't watch it, just read all the web news n team reports and I believe the year to come will be similar most weekends.

I also think Simoncelii and Divizioso will be the two other consistent podium finishers. Lorenzo will be up there, but his dominance from the previous year is unlikely.

Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:19 pm

Strika wrote:I disagree with Casey being a crasher as such. He has never been on A machinery, unless you consider the Ducati an A bike. The LCR was B support, not a full factory bike. All his 125 + 250 rides were the same. B bikes, back then B tyres too.

As for Qatar I didn't watch it, just read all the web news n team reports and I believe the year to come will be similar most weekends.

I also think Simoncelii and Divizioso will be the two other consistent podium finishers. Lorenzo will be up there, but his dominance from the previous year is unlikely.

Stop predicting the season godamnit!! :x There a tipping competition running for gawdsake :lol:

Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:20 pm

Had casey been on the ducati, would he finish 7th? I dont think so.....

Watching the race footage he was on the throttle earlier even when behind pedrosa. That's how he made the ducrapy fly and rossi dont have as big balls. :kuda:
Post a reply