Simoncelli..?? Again... WTF..!!

Discussion area for Moto GP, WSB, WSS and national racing - non Kawi related

Re: Simoncelli..?? Again... WTF..!!

Postby chimp » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:56 am

on the warm up I said to swmbo, I wonder who simoncelli will take out in the 1st corner :lol: hmmm turn 3??? what took him so long :shock:
Only a Motorcyclist knows why a dog rides with his head out the car window
Bikes:Zrx1200r Z650 Gpz750r Cbr1000f & Postie!
chimp
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZRX
State: Victoria

Postby tim » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:38 am

I missed it but doing some reading looking at videos/pics etc:

“In this race you can’t put it all down to bad luck, but the truth is that I was very naïve,” he said. “It was the first left hander, the asphalt was cold and, although I don’t think that I went in too hard to get past Lorenzo, I felt that I couldn’t hold back because I was third and close to the front two. There was time though, and I could have waited.

“I am unhappy to have caught Lorenzo up in my crash and can only apologise to him. The only consolation, small as it is, is that I was able to pick the bike up and finish the race and put down some good times – despite having parts and pegs missing from the bike and the back of my helmet digging in.

“It is another bad experience for me and I am going to try and bear it in mind, without losing focus and motivation.”

Funny place to get on your bike :?

2008 ZX6R Special Edition
tim
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZX6R
State: New South Wales

Postby Ken » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:02 am

He's fast but definitely not the sharpest tool in the shed , seen a lot of young guys with the same win or bin mentality . He'll either learn or be a hasbeen or should I say a never was .
Ken

Postby Naked Twin » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:59 pm

How many has he actually taken out?? Pedrosa stood the bike up and ran into him. When Stoner said similar about Rossi's riding style they called him soft. Seems like the spotlight is on him. Yes he has failed to finish many races this year, but he isn't the lone ranger on that horse

I am not saying Marco is a saint but I think if the guy tripped in the pits it would make the news as a crash.
Naked Twin
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: Suzuki

Postby dilligaf » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:39 pm

whoever called him sideshow bob got it right. its a pity his antics look like determining the championship.
That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba.... Hunter S. Thompson.
dilligaf
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: Z900

Postby Six Addict » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:45 pm

the oompa loompa refused to shake simoncelli's hand before the pre race conference... simoncelli was purely trying to apologise...

dani then went on to say in the press conference that there is nothing but hate from him towards simoncelli... he needs to let go, its in the past, and stoner would be beating him still anyway, but we all know puig doesnt like that :lol:
DUCATI HYPERMOTARD 2014
Six Addict
Pinchy
Pinchy

Bike: Ducati

Postby Nosferatu » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:37 pm

At least he finished the race tonight, although not as well as I had hoped :cry:

Six Addict wrote:the oompa loompa refused to shake simoncelli's hand before the pre race conference... simoncelli was purely trying to apologise...

Pretty bad form from the garden gnome, especially when he did it to himself :lol:
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.
Nosferatu
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: ZX10R
State: Queensland

Postby fezzick » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:54 am

Um let's see, Simo finished 5th, Dani 10th. It's over, Dani, as SA said, let it go. (I believe the accident was Dani's fault anyway)
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left. Phil
www.halfofmylife.com
fezzick
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: Z1000

Postby Phil » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:03 pm

fezzick wrote:Um let's see, Simo finished 5th, Dani 10th. It's over, Dani, as SA said, let it go. (I believe the accident was Dani's fault anyway)

He's a grumpy little chocolate factory worker isnt he :P ...........anyone think Marco had been drinking from the chocolate river or pinched the everlastinggobstopper recipe the way he carried on.
Phil

2018 Z900RS
2017 Z125 Pro

HCC - Road Captain
Phil
Philthy
Philthy

Postby stetto » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:56 pm

Dani has wiped Portugal 06 clean from his memory banks it seems. And that was worse then wat happened in le mans

sent from my Android using Tapatalk
stetto
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby Strika » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:36 pm

I'm glad Simoncelli had a reasonable result this race. Although some of what Lyn Jarvis from Yamaha said about him in the pre race interview is mostly crap, saying he now needed to settle down and get some finishes was right. So it was good to see him get a finish this race. He will be a front runner for some time to come. The kid can ride and I am not sure why everyone hangs it on him, I have seen a lot worse riders cop a lot less over the last 20 years.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me" Hunter S. Thompson.
There are really only two questions in life. 1.Which way do i go? 2.What is the lap record?
Strika
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: Yamaha

Previous

Return to General Racing Discussion