le mans 24 hour

Discussion area for Moto GP, WSB, WSS and national racing - non Kawi related

le mans 24 hour

Postby dilligaf » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:18 am

there's a few aussies in it. Damian Cudlin and Cam Donald. Both going well at 420 or so laps

http://www.lemans.org/en/races/24-heure ... iming.html

hardly riveting stuff though.
That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba.... Hunter S. Thompson.
dilligaf
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: Z900
State: Victoria

Re: le mans 24 hour

Postby Tack » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:08 pm

there is live streaming...but atm at least it's only the main straight and it's dark and a bit foggy there and it's in french (so it's froggy as well...lol)....however...kawasaki is coming 2nd at least...

http://www.lemans.org/live-streaming/le ... to_gb.html
I live with fear everyday but on weekends she lets me ride.
Tack
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: ZX10R
State: Queensland

Postby Tack » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:10 pm

and a kawasaki is leading the supersport section...at approx the 12 hours mark
Tack
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Postby Tack » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:11 pm

and kawasaki are now leading the race outright
Tack
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Postby Tack » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:37 pm

racing in daylight now so you get to see riders all round the track.....Kawasaki is currently second 25 sec behind..

live streaming...

http://www.lemans.org/live-streaming/le ... to_gb.html
Tack
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Postby ZORDO » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:40 pm

25min to go kawasaki leading by a lap
Suzuki 2nd
Yamaha a very distant 3rd
Honda not even on the planet
ZORDO
Warming up
Warming up

Bike: ZRX

Postby ZORDO » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:02 pm

Kawasaki wins by more than a lap in front
ZORDO
Warming up
Warming up

Bike: ZRX

Postby stetto » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:51 am

We won last year too if i remember correctly?

sent from my Android using Tapatalk
stetto
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX6R
State: New South Wales

Postby dilligaf » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:32 am

That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba.... Hunter S. Thompson.
dilligaf
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: Z900
State: Victoria

Postby MadKaw » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:25 pm

From Murray at Kawi Aus.
--

This is a first: never before has a crew won twice in a row at the 24 Hours Moto on the same machine, in the same team and with the same number. SRC Kawasaki, Ninja ZX-10R, Number 11 and especially Julien Da Costa, Gregory Leblanc and Olivier Four, they enter the history of this legendary event at the 34th running of the this legendary race.
At the After Race press conference, the winners of the 24 hours motorcycle 2011 Edition: SRC Kawasaki team on their victory. The three pilots, Julien Da Costa, Grégory Leblanc and Olivier Four, as well as their team manager, Gilles Staffler, were present.
Grégory Leblanc
"This relay appeared me more difficult than last year." It was travelling very fast this year, believed in a speed race. It was physically challenging, but I am delighted to have won it. »
Olivier Four
"This year was much more tiring than in other years." After twenty hours of racing, we were still in the same round and the same second that serves. But we were able to take advantage of the judgment of the Suzuki in the stands to blow. Consumption is data to determine during testing and do not exceed during the race. The same crew that wins twice in a row, this is unique! In addition to Le Mans, which is for me the greatest race the world endurance! »
Julien Da Costa
"This year, we had a very good machine, very easy to fly." It allowed us to drive all night without physically tiring. In addition, in the night, number 11 was had the fastest race lap time. An informed eye would have seen that the motorcycle was completely transformed, it is a very powerful and reliable motorcycle. "Conducted by the SRC team, it was"the"winning motorcycle."
Gilles Staffler
"I am very satisfied with our race." I have a trio of great drivers and a mature team. The next year, we would like to do all of the Endurance World Championship *. We should find the budget. »
The SRC Kawasaki participated to the two French endurance handles this year, the Golden Bowl and the 24 hours motorcycle.

Murray Comments, the Suzuki comment is they made one un-scheduled stop, they also were using more fuel than planned, the Kawasaki made only scheduled stops, the Kawasaki has leading at the hour mark for many of the second half of the race.

Only the Kawasaki and the Suzuki were on the lead lap in the final few hours and it changed due the time schedule of the pit stops. The Suzuki had an unscheduled towards the end and this allowed the Kawasaki a clear win.

The Ninja ZX-10R was also 4th in the EWC and in the Superstock class we finished 2nd another excellent result.

--
Hi Dave

You may have seen this results please post for your members, I made some comments below, in the Superstock class a Suzuki won…..in the results file H24.pdf you will be able to see Number 50 with the second fastest lap time in the race.
In the EWC class and outright, SRC Kawasaki set the fastest race lap, the race distance record laps and only made scheduled stops unlike the Yamahas, Suzukis and BMWs.
In the race this Suzuki was lapping at the same of similar speeds as the EWC bikes, impossible with stock engine and kit ECU as allowed in Superstock class.
The Bolinger team in 4th also may have had a stock engine in their EWC bike for reliability, the SRC Kawasaki was much faster.
We should have won Superstock but were robbed again.
In other racing Joshua Day won the Superstock 600 class at Imola WSBK races, Broc Parkes won Pole Position and finished 3rd, Tom Sykes was 4th after Superpole and got 4th in the race 1.
In local racing Kawasaki Rider Nigel Lloyd won the WA 600 Superstock Championships, in the WA Superbike Championship Ralf Mammoliti finished 2nd and Jamie Boland finished 3rd both on the 2011 Ninja ZX-10R. In Ralf’s case he has stock front suspension and a slip on muffler with kit ECU. He claims his bikes quicker than the BMW ridden by Dan Stauffer.
Busy weekend.

Kind regards,
Murray Sayle
Attachments
H24.jpg
2011-24-Heures-Moto-1--SUZUKI-RACING-TEAM-(FRA)---SUZUKI-GSXR---Formula-EWC-FGA-1124M-NI1-8300_hd.jpg
2011-24-Heures-Moto-1--SUZUKI-RACING-TEAM-(FRA)---SUZUKI-GSXR---Formula-EWC-FGA-1124M-NI1-8300_hd.jpg (105.24 KiB) Viewed 3603 times
Dave
2010 Z1000
ex bikes
05 ZX-10R Race Bike - No.77
95 ZXR750R M Race Bike - No. 75
98 ZX9R Race Bike - No. 000
zx6r, zx7r, GPX750, GPX500, lots of KX's.
I ride way too fast to worry about cholesterol
MadKaw
Administrator
Administrator

State: New South Wales

Return to General Racing Discussion