First time 2-up!

General Discussion

First time 2-up!

Postby Bluefly » Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:06 am

I'm very proud to say that I took a pillion for a ride on the Ballarat VIC ride for the first time yesterday and they (we) didn't die!

Seeing as I've had height issues with the bike from day one, I was worried about the extra weight when stopping/turning etc. and slyly avoided that wherever possible.... but unexpectedly, stopping turned out not to be a problem at all.

If any other newish riders who haven't done it before are wondering what it feels like, imagine you've got a 1.25l coke bottle half full of water, laying on it's side, rolling slowly around on the bench trying to stabilise itself. That's what it feels like. Unless you've got a really bad pillion (or one who waves his ass at Mario as you're riding along....) it doesn't feel anywhere as jerky/unsettled as I thought it'd feel.

Oh, and Matty? You were very brave considering everything you've put me through on the back of your bike!! It could have been the Ultimate Payback. Only I'm not good enough just yet. You wait buddy.....

:twisted:
Hayden who??
Bluefly
Patient 46
Patient 46

re: First time 2-up!

Postby Plaz » Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:26 am

Way to go Bluefly, just wait till you get a pillion heavier than you and shit scared of bikes, its interesting the way they basically steer the back end for you :shock:
Plaz
Team Ninja

Bike: Z1000
State: South Australia

Postby Nanna10r » Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:42 am

Good for you Bobbi, i never doubted your ability to do it 8) . I'm glad the "King" behaved himself on the back....... but then you wouldnt expect a "King" to drive himself around would you ?. :wink:
Cheers Brett
"Nan & Pop Racing"
Poppy Hops on .... CBR150 (Superlite) CBR954 "Blade"
Nanna Naps on .... MoriWAKI NSR85 (Motolite) ZX10R "Crim"
We may ride like Old Can'ts, But Phuk we look DOOG !!!!!!
Nanna10r
Team Ninja

Bike: ZX10R
State: Queensland

Postby Bluefly » Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:54 am

hahahahahahaha!! :D I think he made it an awful lot easier for me than I would have been if I'd taken myself....
Hayden who??
Bluefly
Patient 46
Patient 46

Postby icebreaker » Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:23 am

hahaha good stuff.

I only started pillioning on Nov25 and have really only done commuting.. And a small bit of h'way stuff in tassie... Sarah hasn't got a jacket yet, so we can't go hitting the twisties until she does really.. I really do prefer riding solo though.. :)
Ducati Monster S2R1000
Kawasaki '77 Z1000A1, '76 z900 (Project) & '78 Z1000A2 (Project)

http://www.unihost.com.au - Affordable, Reliable Webhostng
icebreaker
Administrator
Administrator

Bike: Z1000
State: Tasmania

Re: re: First time 2-up!

Postby omen_child » Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:18 pm

Pearl Black 636 wrote:Way to go Bluefly, just wait till you get a pillion heavier than you and shit scared of bikes, its interesting the way they basically steer the back end for you :shock:

I pillioned a mate's missus for about 50kms once to give him a break. She was awesome...barely moved, didn't slide into my back, didn't abuse me for going too quick...

Stopped down the road and she jumped off like she was burnt. I was like "righto". I parked the bike and walked back to where the others were and the blokes were laughing while she was wiping tears away. Apparently her life was flashing before her eyes.

Didn't i feel like a cahn. :oops:
omen_child
Warming up
Warming up

Postby FLASHMAN » Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:34 pm

well done bobby,
but i must say im surprized he didnt try and take over,well done matty i know how hard it is to go on the back when you love riding as much as we do.

flash
FLASHMAN
Team Piss Head
Team Piss Head

Postby ronster » Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:26 pm

Having been on yer back wheel with Matty riding and then later, with you riding. I've got to say that the look of fear in your eyes when I screamed past you, at secret speeds, was no worse than the look in Mattys.

Well done sweetie.

PC :twisted:

(thanks for the tucker mate)
Trees 1 Ronster 0
ronster
Team ZZR

Postby lizzy » Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:42 pm

I went for a 30min pillion ride on my bike the other day with my husband.. We haven't doubled in ages so I had forgotten what it was like to sit on the back.. The first corner we came to I totally freaked out :shock: :evil: I couldn't believe I wasn't in control of the bike.. After a while I got used to it but it felt very weird..

On the way back I doubled Chris for a few hundred metres.. That was totally weird I only go to 3rd gear and I was wobbling all over the place only doing 50kms... But we had fun

All I can say is pillioning is something yoou have to practice and it is very weird for the first time in ages
Lisa :twisted:
http:web.aanet.com.au/csls22
lizzy
Warming up
Warming up

Bike: GPz750

Postby Colette » Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:02 pm

I know what you mean, Lisa...When Flakey took me for a spin in Perth it was weird being a pillion again, but the good part was that I was up higher than usual so had a great view! That and the fact that I was on a ZX9!! Wheee!!!! :D
Colette
Team Cougar

Bike: ZX6R
State: New South Wales

Postby Blackzxr » Mon Jan 17, 2005 7:04 pm

It was a very good site Bobbi. I dropped back just so i could see Matt on the back. :lol: I was going to come up and give him a hard time, but thought i'd give you space. Just goes to show how much he cares and trust you mate. :) There's not to many people i would get on the back of a bike with.
So looks like you better pull your finger out Matty, cause your on the back from now on biatch. :lol: :lol:

Good on yah (Both)
Rob

Black 03 ZX6R
BA XR6T

I used to have a handle on reality, but it broke.
Blackzxr
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby mattyv74 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:20 pm

Well ok, my side of the story goes something like this.
I was gonna pass up on the this ride as my bike is still in too many pieces and requires many hours of work to get it going again.
Bluefly was adamant that I was coming on the ride, even if we doubled on her 7.
So off we went, with me feeling all guilty on the front, on a full days ride two up. Its Bobbi's toy so she should be doing the riding.
Town was all good, Hwy was all good. Even the 220km charge back to find Mal and his errant side cover.
Then came the twisties. They were tight, gravelly, and very bumpy. All fine from my end, but i did get a couple of hits in the ribs then told to F@#king slow down when we got off at the top of one o the mountains. So promised to follow Rossi and Linda on their nine.
This was all good. The road opened up into some niiiiiice sweepers. We sat over at over 240k for more than a few minutes. When we got to Dunkeld, Bobbi was fine with the last bit. bduh.gif

After months of suggesting that I was happy for her to ride my beaten up pile of trash with me on the back to learn, she piped up out of the blue and suggested she wouldn't mind giving it go.
So after a little chat and some getting on and off practise on the grass, we set off.
A few things became apparent;
1- 7r's suck ont the back. No leg space and bloody bumpy.
2- Its a lot scarier when you dont have the controls
3- How well Bobbi takes new challenges.

So well done to Bobbi. I never had a moment when i thought, "Oh shit this is gonna hurt." I really enjoyed my time on the back to be honest.

Also well done to all the guys on the ride. You should be congratulated on being part of such a good group that one of our members is prepared to try this for the first time infront of you all. :mrgreen:
It is far better to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even if chequered with failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, as they live in grey twilight that knows no victory nor defeat.
mattyv74
Team Kitty Litter

Bike: ZX7R

Postby smek » Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:38 pm

FLASHMAN wrote:well done bobby,
but i must say im surprized he didnt try and take over,well done matty i know how hard it is to go on the back when you love riding as much as we do.

I reckon he was too busy trying to stay on with those bumps.
oh and keep those pesky footpegs unfolded ;)
smek
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZX10R
State: New South Wales

Postby mattyv74 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:45 pm

smek wrote:......oh and keep those pesky footpegs unfolded ;)

Oh yeah, forgot that bit. Thats was a bit nasty. Oh well, I was to blame for that one. :?
It is far better to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even if chequered with failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, as they live in grey twilight that knows no victory nor defeat.
mattyv74
Team Kitty Litter

Bike: ZX7R

Re: First time 2-up!

Postby Neka79 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:47 pm

hahahha thats piss funny...matty did u play "twat tease" and not put out??
hahahahaha...i wouldnt take that bobbi, if they dont put out after 2 rides,
u dump em in the middle of nowhere...pmsl....
i actually had this convo on sat nite at the bay, i went cruising (in cars,
not on the bitch seat) and 1 of the lovely ladies at the bay who rides with
us asked if i wanted to go for a ride, i said "yea bring ur bitch seat & ill
get on the back, but u do realise im a poser,a twat tease, and im not gunna
put out"...the boys burst out laughing..it was pretty funny really...
mind u if she was super hot (shes not bad for a 40sumthin) then id be
sitting VERY close behind her ...hehehehe
Neka
2000 CBR 929RR
1988 KDX200 thrasher
1996 VS SERIES 2 UTE
"dont hate me cos im sexy, hate me cos ur mrs thinks im sexy"

Post generated using Mail 2 Forum (http://m2f.sourceforge.net)
Neka79
Extreme Post Whore :-)
Extreme Post Whore :-)

Bike: Z900
State: South Australia

Next

Return to General Discussion