Opinions please from dog owners,

Non Bike related Discussion - no politics or religion pls.

Re: Opinions please from dog owners,

Postby the kid » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:42 pm

aardvark wrote:I wish they'd do something like that to the f&%king dog next door!

Give it a small dose of vitamin Pb , should fix it . :D
Ummmm let me see
the kid
KSRC Addict
KSRC Addict

Bike: Yamaha
State: Victoria

Postby Naked Twin » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:50 pm

If the dog is smart enough they can work out how to bark without setting it off, and also that they can bark until it runs out.

If you want to stop a behaviour don't reward it. Put simply if you have a dud employee, stop paying them and see if they keep showing up.

Another option is to give the dog a distraction, a bigger distraction than the one it has by barking at those people wondering by. You can try toys hanging off the clothes line (beware of other consequences though). To assist with anxiety issues with our dogs, essentially separation anxiety we would put dog food into a bottle that the dog would take hours to empty and kept them entertained. If you only have one dog a dog bone will do similar.

Make sure your neighbours/ friends do not reward the dog when barking by talking to it, this will make it worse

Good luck, looks like a pretty happy dog
Naked Twin
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: Suzuki
State: New South Wales

Postby oldman » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:34 am

If somebody shocks me enough and I have no way to get back at them eventually I'll obey. But in the back of my mind I'm waiting for the moment that I'll kill the M.F. that is doing the shocking. Dogs will obey you if you beat or shock them, but they will kill you when you are down, with good reason. If a dog is bad blame the owner not the dog. Bad owners create iritating dogs. Next time a dog irritates you kill the owner and let the dog eat the carcass. Then take a picture and show it to the next arsehole who has abused his dog. Then kill him/her and soon you will have a fine picture collection.
oldman

Postby aardvark » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:05 am

the kid wrote:
aardvark wrote:I wish they'd do something like that to the f&%king dog next door!

Give it a small dose of vitamin Pb , should fix it . :D

Bit noisy though. Still, no noisier than the dog, which is oddly quiet this morning.
aardvark
Apprentice Post Whore :-)
Apprentice Post Whore :-)

Bike: Yamaha
State: South Australia

Postby born green » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:04 pm

oldman wrote:If somebody shocks me enough and I have no way to get back at them eventually I'll obey. But in the back of my mind I'm waiting for the moment that I'll kill the M.F. that is doing the shocking. Dogs will obey you if you beat or shock them, but they will kill you when you are down, with good reason. If a dog is bad blame the owner not the dog. Bad owners create iritating dogs. Next time a dog irritates you kill the owner and let the dog eat the carcass. Then take a picture and show it to the next arsehole who has abused his dog. Then kill him/her and soon you will have a fine picture collection.

2nd that............... well put..
96 ZX7R roady
07 ZX10R tracky. to many mods to list here!
95 tickford XR6,
SO MANY KAWASAKI'S SO LITTLE TIME
born green
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX10R
State: Victoria

Postby TyM2Go » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:05 pm

Hey mate the dog carrier thing. Is that what you used, when you had a kid? or is that some special thing made for dog's only. My dog love's going down the street on my push bike. A bit risky but he loves it. We can not do this while he is in the car, as he tends to leap outta the window.

As for your barking problem a mate of mine had a muzzle that squirted a minute amount of orange/ lemon citrus built into the muzzle. He has trained the young fellow not to bark. I am not sure what the product name is, but i'll find out for you still in need of a solution.
To be old and wise,first you need to be young and stupid
2011 Ninja 250r SE - Poison Ivy

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮the police.
TyM2Go
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: Ninja 250

Postby Leanne » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:23 pm

born green wrote:
oldman wrote:If somebody shocks me enough and I have no way to get back at them eventually I'll obey. But in the back of my mind I'm waiting for the moment that I'll kill the M.F. that is doing the shocking. Dogs will obey you if you beat or shock them, but they will kill you when you are down, with good reason. If a dog is bad blame the owner not the dog. Bad owners create iritating dogs. Next time a dog irritates you kill the owner and let the dog eat the carcass. Then take a picture and show it to the next arsehole who has abused his dog. Then kill him/her and soon you will have a fine picture collection.

2nd that............... well put..

The electronic collars don't give an electric shock. I use one on my dog and it was a last resort, but not before I tested it on my arm first. They send out a sensation like a Tens machine that physiotherapists use. It's unpleasant, yes, but it's not like an electric shock. If used correctly they are safe and after a very short period of time you only need to send out a warning beep or vibration. My dog was a horror to walk and very disobedient, mostly of my own doing as I let him have the run of the house from a puppy. The collar has made him listen when I ask him to come or stop and he associates the collar with going for a walk and is excited when it gets put on.
Road '10 ZX10R
Dirt '99 KLX250
Race '90 CBR400
Leanne
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby kaneg » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:02 am

UPDATE :kuda:

Recently Joy has find a perfect and extremely effective solution to the problem of barking dogs.
Here's what you do:
1) get a money tin or a tin with a lid and put a handful of coins in it
2) when your dog barks, shake it.
This will make the dog stop barking instantly and once he associates the barking with the noise which he doesn't like, he will slowly give up the practice of barking.
We are 85% there with Hugo ... :kuda: :kuda:
kaneg
KSRC SPONSOR
KSRC SPONSOR

Bike: Suzuki

Postby bonester » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:23 am

A mate of a mate had a barking dog problem from the neighbour. He dug a hole just inside his own fence, and shot the cattle dog dead just after the neighbour left home and buried the dog in the hole. Don't fuck with the patch club guys huh. :shock:
2 X ZRX1200R 4 X ER6N, GT550, 1988 ZX-10, 4 X GPZ250R, 4 X GPZ900R and GPZ750R :) Yeah I like Kawasakis.
bonester
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby s man » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:44 am

We have the same trouble with out SHIT Sue. They are greatly terratorial & hate anything comeing into their space, We tryed everything, the only thing that worked for us was a bark coller, It zaps her when she barks more than 3 times. We tried the citronella & she loved it, but she know with the zapper she gets 2 chances, on the 3rd it zap! Got it off Ebay.
Hope this helps mate...
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GENUINE-AUTO ... 416efe9514
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
s man
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: Z1000

Postby greenmeanie » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:46 pm

Have similar issues with our shih tzu & Lhasa apso.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354934747.193228.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354934747.193228.jpg (178.69 KiB) Viewed 4159 times
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354934788.131657.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354934788.131657.jpg (197.14 KiB) Viewed 4159 times
Glenn
2009 ZX10R
greenmeanie
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

State: Queensland

Previous