cars

Non Bike related Discussion - no politics or religion pls.

Re: cars

Postby fireyrob » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:53 pm

Now to find a trackbike for ya :kuda:
09 ZX6R
03 Zthou
fireyrob
KSRC Addict
KSRC Addict

Bike: Z1000
State: New South Wales

Postby philbo » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:05 pm

fireyrob wrote:Now to find a trackbike for ya :kuda:

know of one going cheap do ya? :lol: :lol:
KEEPIN'IT REAL ON THE WESS SIDE

DONT LET FEAR HOLD YOU BACK

Storm-010 white zx6r
philbo
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX6R
State: Western Australia

Postby fireyrob » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:07 pm

Not that cheap from my garage :lol: But it never takes long for a good 05-06 zx6r to pop up or a 09-10 zx6r may be fairly cheap now :)
09 ZX6R
03 Zthou
fireyrob
KSRC Addict
KSRC Addict

Bike: Z1000

Postby philbo » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:13 pm

yeah have been watching over the months, russ's would have been ideal but would of had to pimp myself out to 100 fat chicks at $100 a piece :lol:

Storm-010 white zx6r
philbo
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby Blurr » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:21 pm

philbo wrote:yeah have been watching over the months, russ's would have been ideal but would of had to pimp myself out to 100 fat chicks at $100 a piece :lol:

where is the commitment??????? :D
Chariot of Fury 50cc 2stroke Race bike
Team Gumby in red
SAM & SRT Survived
Blurr
Apprentice Post Whore :-)

Bike: ZX10R

Postby philbo » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:30 pm

hahaha well you see no fat chicks wanted me :lol: :lol:

Storm-010 white zx6r
philbo
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby tim » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:06 am

Test drive lots and buy what you like :kuda:

Both our subi and corolla have been perfect cars.

Could check out the "What do you drive and why" thread.

On VW's 2 people I know have had Golfs. A friend has had a total nightmare experience, and my sister used to have one was mostly ok but it had a stupid issue with the keys cost her a lot to get sorted.
2008 ZX6R Special Edition
tim
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby tim » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:09 am

Oh yeah, and my friends dad has a shed-find 1999 WRX with 35,000 in showroom condition if you or anyone's interested, he's not in a rush to sell and wants slightly over your budget Philbo
2008 ZX6R Special Edition
tim
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby timmyrocks » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:51 am

With everyone's experience with VW should I not be looking at the dual cab ute VW are advertising???
anyone can go fast in a straight line,,,,

Team Crash "09"

TE310 2011 Husqvarna trail bike :)
WR125 2004 Husqvarna :P
timmyrocks
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: Other Kawi

Postby Blurr » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:56 am

timmyrocks wrote:With everyone's experience with VW should I not be looking at the dual cab ute VW are advertising???

Your call but I wouldn't.

Not to say they aren't good but now that I am lookin at upgrading the Missus car early next year I have left the vw out even though I like everything about them except for the reliability
Chariot of Fury 50cc 2stroke Race bike
Team Gumby in red
SAM & SRT Survived
Blurr

Bike: ZX10R

Postby timmyrocks » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:04 am

Cool bananas :) cheers
anyone can go fast in a straight line,,,,

Team Crash "09"

TE310 2011 Husqvarna trail bike :)
WR125 2004 Husqvarna :P
timmyrocks
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: Other Kawi

Postby Naked Twin » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:45 am

So I did some research as you bastards had me worried about my GTi. So I spoke with the service manager of VW (personal friend) the company he works for import more VW vehicles than any other in Australia and also works at one of the biggest VW dealerships in the country. I was thinking I must be the lucky charm for VW after what was said here as at work we have 2 golfs (both with over 60k on them) 1 amorok (with near on 70K in 18 months), had a tourag with over 100k on it when it was sold, I have a gti (110k on the clock) and a Passat (with 60k on the clock), None have had any major faults or continuing faults, in fact pretty much faultless.

So here are the facts from the horses mouth - He has never seen a GTi or golf R with DSG or manual gearbox with major problems that he can recall that weren't a one off. He has seen the control unit go on the DSG which means no gears. The 7 speed DSG in the 118 golf had an issue with the dual clutch plates, since been rectified and is the one most refer to when talking about issues with DSG. On average they would see one golf a month where they have an issue with the control unit or the clutch and they service hundreds of golf's. In his words the 118i had the issue, the rest are typical of what happens in mass production and he has worked at Ford and BMW previously in the same role. He doesn't know why these same issues were transposed to Audi, his guess is a different clutch plate

It is funny though as I wouldn't rate the Subuaru based on what I have heard, yet many hear clearly love them, I had two of them the big issue being the cv joints though both of mine were fine apart from the cv joints I did hear that if you miss an oil change start putting coin in the kitty for a new engine.

As Marty has said, I have heard that Hyundai have lifted their game big time, if you talk to the grey nomads many rate the santa Fe as the best towing vehicle and tell you stay away of the landcruiser as it does gear boxes. Who would have thought? The same lad I mentioned previously who owns the rotary was fixing his nieces excel as it had done a thrust bearing, was 6 years old so out of the extended warranty. When he went to Hyundai to get the part they didn't even have number for it as they had never replaced it. He gets a call from their head office asking about details of the vehicles etc and if they can get the broken part as they had never seen it before and want to work out why and if their is a possible problem, how's that for follow up service. Still won't buy one yet.

If you want to know how bad a car is, go to the manager who looks after the second hand cars (trade ins) at any dealership, they will tell you what to look out for if their honest. My nephew was the one who warned me off the subuaru if you don't know the history and he is runs the trade ins for a holden dealership
Naked Twin
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: Suzuki

Postby aardvark » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:47 am

Blurr wrote:
timmyrocks wrote:With everyone's experience with VW should I not be looking at the dual cab ute VW are advertising???

Your call but I wouldn't.

Me either. I've been researching dual cabs for a while now, with the intention of buying next year. The Amaroks don't really get that good of a wrap.

Rear seat leg room is important to me, so I'm looking at a Triton (the 2010+ models have a longer tray) or a new Ranger.

Philbo, just buy a Corolla and be done with it. :)
aardvark

Bike: Yamaha
State: South Australia

Postby red_dave » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:30 am

Personal Experience opinion here...

I've had 2 Subarus - love the both - Current WRX is going well and much of the reason i bought it was because of the great experience i had with my old 2003 Liberty. Would recommend them to everyone...

The wife has a Series 5 2007 Golf FSI 2ltr (Manual). We bought it with 45kms on the clock and the synchros in the gearbox went pretty much in the 1st month. Whilst it was out of factory warranty, VW Aust came to the party and repaired it.. We've had no problems since and it's been a great car.

Toyota's are rock solid... but boring unless Supercharged of course....

Anyway - have fun shopping. :kuda:
red_dave
Team Kuda
Team Kuda

State: Queensland

Postby smithy5 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:50 am

Pfft, cars, overrated :roll:
Couple of wheels too many and a cage that wont allow you get through the traffic or get a good parking spot at your favourite blue oyster bar....
Just get a few bikes, one for every occasion, its not like it ever rains in WA.....
2013 Triumph Thunderbird 1700 Storm
Suzuki 1300 LillBusa Ute
Serviced by Allfixed Automotive Castle Hill PH: (02) 9634 1455
SRT Survivor & Oficial Photographer
smithy5
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: Scooter

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion