Up your date

Non Bike related Discussion - no politics or religion pls.

Re: Up your date

Postby StuMiller » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:17 pm

Glad to hear things have turned the corner and are now heading in the right direction.

Hang in there, you're doing a remarkable job!
2007 ZX6 - Road bike
StuMiller
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX6R
State: Tasmania

Postby Glen » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:25 pm

Good to hear from you mate and glad things are on the up (sort of anyway). Bad news about Zsa Zsa and Astro but it looks like they got through it OK.

Do you still have a mobile? I changed jobs and fcuked up all my old contacts. If you do PM me your number, I'll shoot my new one through as well.

As always mate if you need anything just yell.
It's really all about standing around drinking Dave's beer.
2008 ZRX1200 Greeeeen Roadie
2016 KTM Superduke 1290 Oraaaaange
2016 Seadoo RXTX300
Too many toys.......work is getting in the way!!!!
Glen
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZRX
State: New South Wales

Postby slaps999 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:46 pm

Strika wrote:I have set a goal. Which is to make the WSBK at the island in Feb 2014. I probably won't be riding down as I don't have a bike and also healthwise, I think that might be optimistic, but at least get down there to watch the racing Sunday at worse. :smile:

Supers..hmm. Might have to hold you to that, even if I have to come and get you. :D
slaps999
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZRX
State: Victoria

Postby Smitty » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:25 pm

slaps999 wrote:
Strika wrote:I have set a goal. Which is to make the WSBK at the island in Feb 2014. I probably won't be riding down as I don't have a bike and also healthwise, I think that might be optimistic, but at least get down there to watch the racing Sunday at worse. :smile:

Supers..hmm. Might have to hold you to that, even if I have to come and get you. :D

see you at the Supers Marty... :kuda:
GOTTA LUV the 12R!!
Smitty
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZX12R

Postby Jonnymac » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:44 pm

Great to hear your typing Marty. :)
Jonnymac
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX6R

Postby Strika » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:19 pm

Johnnie5 wrote:hope you are keeping well

get some good advice re bankrupcy as it can really screw you over

afaik the ato debt doesnt get wiped with the bankrupcy but as above get some good advice before proceeding

Already filed. Did my due diligence, got legal advice and it does wipe tax debt. Thanks for looking out for me though, appreciate it. :) I wasn't left with any choice. :(
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me" Hunter S. Thompson.
There are really only two questions in life. 1.Which way do i go? 2.What is the lap record?
Strika
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: Yamaha

Postby MickLC » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:40 am

Good to see you back on here mate and hoping you can keep getting all the shitty stuff sorted so you can get back to a bit more normal life.
'13 Z1000, '76 Z650+,'91 KLR250, '95 ZX6R Racebike
MickLC
Team Crim

Bike: Z1000
State: ACT

Postby Gosling1 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:35 pm

Strika wrote:.......I have set a goal. Which is to make the WSBK at the island in Feb 2014. I probably won't be riding down as I don't have a bike and also healthwise, I think that might be optimistic, but at least get down there to watch the racing Sunday at worse. :smile:.......

great to see you back here and things starting to look up a bit.....

heh you might not have a bike but we have pillion seats !! could work something out I am sure mate :kuda:
".....shut the gate on this one Maxie......it's the ducks guts !!............."
Gosling1
Team Donut
Team Donut

Bike: Z900
State: ACT

Postby Strika » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:08 pm

Gosling1 wrote:
Strika wrote:.......I have set a goal. Which is to make the WSBK at the island in Feb 2014. I probably won't be riding down as I don't have a bike and also healthwise, I think that might be optimistic, but at least get down there to watch the racing Sunday at worse. :smile:.......

great to see you back here and things starting to look up a bit.....

heh you might not have a bike but we have pillion seats !! could work something out I am sure mate :kuda:

I've had my knee down being a pillion on an FZR1000 going up Licola rd in about 1994. Sounds embellished, but it happened.... :)
But Gos, if I am well enough to jump on as a pillion, I'd be well enough to do Hotham one handed again........ ;)

There's a few blokes who have offered the loan of a bike as soon as I am fit enough. So trust me, once I'm well, ill be back out there.

And a quick thanks to my mate Dan for typing these posts. Otherwise....they would be unreadable...... I'm still on the La La pills........:cool:
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me" Hunter S. Thompson.
There are really only two questions in life. 1.Which way do i go? 2.What is the lap record?
Strika
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby Cath » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:12 pm

How's poor little Zsa Zsa doing? I bet that was scary :(
Road: 2005 ZX10R - not named yet
Road: 2008 Z750 - Kwak
Track: 2006 ZX6R - Yoshi (with a very Genki undertail)
Cath
KSRC Addict
KSRC Addict

Bike: ZX10R

Postby Strika » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:36 pm

Cath wrote:How's poor little Zsa Zsa doing? I bet that was scary :(

Thanks Cath. Had me worried she did, I thought I'd lost her. Fucking kangaroo really did a number on her. The entry wound was 4 inches long and 3 inches wide but ut was 12 inches under the skin. Went from her chest to her gut. Luckily it didn't pierce the gut lining. So lots of stitches a drain and a few weeks light duties. Had the stitches out on Wednesday. She was a brave girl all throughout and just allowed me and the vet to do what was needed. Vet was great and allowed me in while we did the surgery.

Needless to say, rogue male kangaroos will be shot on sight henceforth. Under a primary producer cull permit of course. I had one have a go at me while out walking recently so they are aggressive at the moment.
Strika
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby Possum » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:45 am

Hi Marty, it's been ages!.

I do ask about you. Just read the the whole thread. Life certainly has a way of putting things in perspective. I have no doubt your whole "adventure" has made you an even stronger spirit.. even with the biggest challenges its amazing how much fight we have when backed into a corner. Getting back to basics is a shock to the system, but I don't think is a negative thing, actually more people would benefit from it these days IMO.

The bank /Tax stuff will be a load off your mind now and help clean the slate for your next chapter.

I have no doubt you will achieve your goals. I hope to catch you at the suppers, be so great to catch ip with you again!
Snuggles for the furries from me xx

PS great to hear both Astro+Zsa Zsa are on the mend, my basil got attacked my a miniature horse! All Bas wanted to fo was play with the big ball in its paddock, poor girl didnt see it coming. Rocky wasnt there to look out for her. Shes a flight dog generally, but just curled up on the ground. I was beside myself when I found out. Seriously thinking of moving them in with me.even if It means I have to move again.

Cheers Poss
It all comes down to how you ride it.....
Possum
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

State: Western Australia

Postby mick_dundee » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:25 pm

Losing the odd battle but I think you're winning the war Marty, slowly but surely, chin up mate, need a hand with anything i'm in Kilmore, just around the corner.
A good mate will bail you out of jail, a true mate will be sitting in the cell next to you saying "Damn, we fucked up!!!"
mick_dundee
Team Naked
Team Naked

Bike: Suzuki

Postby dave#3 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:16 pm

Chin up ol' mate. We'll see you at the super dupers.
dave#3 | '03 z1000 roadie | '08 zx6r tracky | '03 KLX400R dirty
http://www.oz4x4.net/gallery2
Winner - KSRC Murphy's Law Award 2008
dave#3
Team Ninja

Postby Strika » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:39 pm

mick_dundee wrote:Losing the odd battle but I think you're winning the war Marty, slowly but surely, chin up mate, need a hand with anything i'm in Kilmore, just around the corner.

Come over when you get the DL and we can get it set up for you.
Strika
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion