Bikie Wars on TEN

Non Bike related Discussion - no politics or religion pls.

Re: Bikie Wars on TEN

Postby kawadave » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:52 pm

All I can see is a very large bong....left of the very large erection..... ;) :kuda:
Don't knock my turbo lag - it gives your naturally aspirated a chance..

2013 Motogp tipping champ.

83 GPZ 750 Turbo
78 Z1R 1000
80 Z1R Mk11
07 ZRX 1200r
83 GSX1000sd Katana

https://www.youtube.com/user/htmonaro
kawadave
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: ZRX
State: Queensland

Postby Gosling1 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:27 pm

:lol: yep, we loved our big bongs back then.

It wasn't my chubby so I will refrain from any further comment :shock:
".....shut the gate on this one Maxie......it's the ducks guts !!............."
Gosling1
Team Donut
Team Donut

Bike: Z900
State: ACT

Postby Naked Twin » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:39 pm

Okay a couple of serious questions for those who were there-

How accurate is the detail about the shoot out? I have read two versions, 1) That Spencer told the Bandidos, his side to charge after rolling up and not as it suggested that the first shot was accidental, possibly caused by Ceaser Campbell.
2) That it was constant shooting for 10 minutes. Again depending on what you read it was either a "shoot out" or was shoot and wait and then shoot over a 10 - 15 minute period.

Would be nice to know the "facts"

Nick
Naked Twin
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: Suzuki
State: New South Wales

Postby Gosling1 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:41 pm

Naked Twin wrote:.....Okay a couple of serious questions for those who were there.....

Serious answer ? there will be nobody on this forum who was there on the day.

Naked Twin wrote:.....How accurate is the detail about the shoot out? I have read two versions, 1) That Spencer told the Bandidos, his side to charge after rolling up and not as it suggested that the first shot was accidental, possibly caused by Ceaser Campbell.
2) That it was constant shooting for 10 minutes. Again depending on what you read it was either a "shoot out" or was shoot and wait and then shoot over a 10 - 15 minute period......Would be nice to know the "facts"......

What happened on the TV is guaranteed to be nothing like what actually happened in the car park. I finished both of Ceasar Campbell's books on Sunday arvo last weekend - a massive self-indulgent wank they were - but they did give some insight into the events leading up to the shootings.

There was no 'charge' from either side, the initial shootings were sporadic and all over the shop, nobody grouped up, the bikies were scattered from one end of the car-park to the other, and the whole thing was spread over no more than 15 minutes with random shots being fired over that period.

If you really want to research the shootings, it would be worth going through the archives of the Sydney newspapers of the time. This story was massive, I remember the Daily Mirror, the Telegraph and the Sydney Morning Herald all ran multiple-page stories for days afterwards.

8)
Gosling1
Team Donut
Team Donut

Bikie Wars on TEN

Postby Jonnymac » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:51 pm

Strika wrote:Be interested to see how they portray the Milperra "incident". I was there.........

Apparently someone was Gos....
Jonnymac
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX6R
State: Victoria

Postby Naked Twin » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:52 pm

A couple on here have put their hand up as being there on the day thus he question.

I have researched and Paul Kent has done a book on the events leading up to it and the actual day, other media reports differ. In one version it was agreed that they would meet up with the Commo's planning an ambush, but the Bandidos were late and Jock and few other Commo's were inside drinking, with the other members spread out around the carpark and not as they were supposed to be and were caught off guard.

I guess the facts are also dependent on how they remember them too
Naked Twin
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: Suzuki

Postby Gosling1 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:58 pm

Naked Twin wrote:.......A couple on here have put their hand up as being there on the day thus the question.......

I will be interested to hear their version of events then.

Naked Twin wrote:........ In one version it was agreed that they would meet up with the Commo's planning an ambush, but the Bandidos were late and Jock and few other Commo's were inside drinking, with the other members spread out around the carpark and not as they were supposed to be and were caught off guard.......

that's pretty much how Ceasar tells the story. For all of Jocks military training to the members - it fell to shit on the day with some members at the bar and others scattered around the car park.

8)
Gosling1
Team Donut
Team Donut

Postby smithy5 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:19 pm

smithy5 wrote:
Strika wrote:Be interested to see how they portray the Milperra "incident". I was there.........

So was I...... I left just before the shooting and went back when we heard about it. My Brother lived on Beaconsfield Street. We went looking at what was on offer at the swap meet. There were that many "Bikies", I remember saying "they should of had a leather sale, not a swap meet", and we left.
When we heard about the shooting, we went back. We hung around outside with the other rubberneckers for a while and then went inside through a back way.
We saw a copper standing with a manual typewriter on a pool table taking a statement. We didn't want to get caught up in it, and went back outside. Inside and out was pretty well shot up and the bodies were still there. It was a mess and there were coppers and ambos everywhere, but probably less than half the bikies, were still there. Looked to me like a shoot out, then if you could, piss off quick, incident.

Naked Twin wrote:Okay a couple of serious questions for those who were there-

How accurate is the detail about the shoot out? I have read two versions, 1) That Spencer told the Bandidos, his side to charge after rolling up and not as it suggested that the first shot was accidental, possibly caused by Ceaser Campbell.
2) That it was constant shooting for 10 minutes. Again depending on what you read it was either a "shoot out" or was shoot and wait and then shoot over a 10 - 15 minute period.

Would be nice to know the "facts"

Nick

I can't answer definitely, cause I missed the actual shoot out. However from what I saw the other night it isn't far off the mark from what I remember being talked about at the time. One thing I noticed, was that there were heaps more bikies present before the shooting than what we saw on the TV and not only Commo's, but heaps of others as well.
2013 Triumph Thunderbird 1700 Storm
Suzuki 1300 LillBusa Ute
Serviced by Allfixed Automotive Castle Hill PH: (02) 9634 1455
SRT Survivor & Oficial Photographer
smithy5
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: Scooter

Postby philbo » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:10 am

Gosling1 wrote:What happened on the TV is guaranteed to be nothing like what actually happened in the car park. I finished both of Ceasar Campbell's books on Sunday arvo last weekend - a massive self-indulgent wank they were - but they did give some insight into the events leading up to the shootings.

8)

were they like most bios gos where they blow there own trumpet kind of thing, am tempted to buy em.

have got 3/4 through brothers in arms but found it to be hard to follow
KEEPIN'IT REAL ON THE WESS SIDE

DONT LET FEAR HOLD YOU BACK

Storm-010 white zx6r
philbo
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX6R
State: Western Australia

Postby Glen » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:56 am

The first one (Enforcer) is a better read than Wrecking Crew I reckon but I think both are pretty tainted by his own view. Interesting none the less. Even if they are 50% accurate they do give some interesting insights into what happened in the early days.

I have to say though when you read the books, particularly wrecking crew you realize what a bunch of knobheads bikies have become post Milperra.
It's really all about standing around drinking Dave's beer.
2008 ZRX1200 Greeeeen Roadie
2016 KTM Superduke 1290 Oraaaaange
2016 Seadoo RXTX300
Too many toys.......work is getting in the way!!!!
Glen
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby Gosling1 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:40 pm

Glen wrote:.....The first one (Enforcer) is a better read than Wrecking Crew I reckon but I think both are pretty tainted by his own view. Interesting none the less. Even if they are 50% accurate they do give some interesting insights into what happened in the early days.

I have to say though when you read the books, particularly wrecking crew you realize what a bunch of knobheads bikies have become post Milperra.....

Yep he sure is good at blowing his own trumpet. I thought that Wrecking Crew was probably closer to the truth than Enforcer - he got a lot of his self-indulgent wanking out of the way in the first book :lol:

Dead right about the current-day fucksticks that infest the gangs. Fuck me, bikies without bikes ! Half those tools have never spent a night under the stars or helping a mate fix a bike - they just spend there time on mobile phones checking in and out of motels and flying to interstate gigs. Soft cocks the lot of them.

8)
Gosling1
Team Donut
Team Donut

Postby Glen » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:37 am

Nike Bikies I've heard them called these days :lol:
It's really all about standing around drinking Dave's beer.
2008 ZRX1200 Greeeeen Roadie
2016 KTM Superduke 1290 Oraaaaange
2016 Seadoo RXTX300
Too many toys.......work is getting in the way!!!!
Glen
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby Strika » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:03 pm

Gosling1 wrote:
Naked Twin wrote:.....Okay a couple of serious questions for those who were there.....

Serious answer ? there will be nobody on this forum who was there on the day.

Naked Twin wrote:.....How accurate is the detail about the shoot out? I have read two versions, 1) That Spencer told the Bandidos, his side to charge after rolling up and not as it suggested that the first shot was accidental, possibly caused by Ceaser Campbell.
2) That it was constant shooting for 10 minutes. Again depending on what you read it was either a "shoot out" or was shoot and wait and then shoot over a 10 - 15 minute period......Would be nice to know the "facts"......

What happened on the TV is guaranteed to be nothing like what actually happened in the car park. I finished both of Ceasar Campbell's books on Sunday arvo last weekend - a massive self-indulgent wank they were - but they did give some insight into the events leading up to the shootings.

There was no 'charge' from either side, the initial shootings were sporadic and all over the shop, nobody grouped up, the bikies were scattered from one end of the car-park to the other, and the whole thing was spread over no more than 15 minutes with random shots being fired over that period.

If you really want to research the shootings, it would be worth going through the archives of the Sydney newspapers of the time. This story was massive, I remember the Daily Mirror, the Telegraph and the Sydney Morning Herald all ran multiple-page stories for days afterwards.

8)

My first wife's father was tied up with the commo's. It was nothing like on the teev. It was disorganised and panicked from both sides and it went for what felt like an hour, but was more likely 10 minutes. No where near as many shots fired as depicted, but still one hell of a noise. Almost random. Sneaking around, hiding behind stuff and ambushing anyone that moved. wouldn't surprise me if some shot there own gang members. There was no one really in charge, just each for themselves more than two gangs. But, it was a long time ago and my memory isn't so good. My ex would remember everything, she had a great memory for detail. She was pregnant with Joshua my eldest boy at the time from memory too. We were a good 100 metres from it when it started and probably a klm from it when it stopped. :P With stains......
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me" Hunter S. Thompson.
There are really only two questions in life. 1.Which way do i go? 2.What is the lap record?
Strika
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: Yamaha
State: Victoria

Postby Gosling1 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:49 pm

Strika wrote:......My first wife's father was tied up with the commo's. It was nothing like on the teev. It was disorganised and panicked from both sides and it went for what felt like an hour, but was more likely 10 minutes. No where near as many shots fired as depicted, but still one hell of a noise. Almost random. Sneaking around, hiding behind stuff and ambushing anyone that moved. wouldn't surprise me if some shot there own gang members. There was no one really in charge, just each for themselves more than two gangs. But, it was a long time ago and my memory isn't so good. My ex would remember everything, she had a great memory for detail. She was pregnant with Joshua my eldest boy at the time from memory too. We were a good 100 metres from it when it started and probably a klm from it when it stopped. :P With stains......

cheers Marty (and apologies for overlooking those 2 posts where punters from here clearly *were* involved ;) ).

What you have decribed above, is almost identical to how Ceasar desribes it in his books. Totally disorganised, over in minutes, random shootings and bashings - a total clusterfuck basically. How much he tried to get everyone to drop weapons and 'sort it out like men' is open to conjecture......he probably tried to do something, after all he was going to a gig where mates would be shooting up mates :? the whole thing is just bizarre really.

8)
Gosling1
Team Donut
Team Donut

Postby smithy5 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:17 pm

2013 Triumph Thunderbird 1700 Storm
Suzuki 1300 LillBusa Ute
Serviced by Allfixed Automotive Castle Hill PH: (02) 9634 1455