Non Bike related Discussion - no politics or religion pls.
Post a reply

Tame Impala

Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 pm

Is anyone a Tame Imapala fan?
I cant get enough of them since I saw them live in 2010.
I felt like Stan from American Dad when he discovered music.

Re: Tame Impala

Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:23 pm

is good 8)

Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:57 pm

i call them lame impala :lol:

i dont get them...

Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:46 pm

The two I know from triple j, generally rock out to them on the way to work :rock:

Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:52 pm

Six Addict wrote:i dont get them...
what because they play below 150 BPM :lol:

Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:09 am

Like most of the modern groups they start out ok with a reasonable sound, but before they get really good the group will probably break up. The beat is too predictable. It's like listening to a robot play, very boring. The speed is irrelevant. They need to get into multiple time signatures, such as 27's consisting of 2's 3's and 9's or something exciting. Ah but the simplistic society we have created has left few musicians capable of playing such complex innovations and most of the ones that could have died. I had hope for tool, but alas they are gone. Mingus, Ellis, and Gil Evans are dead, Muse has gone techno and Jesus is a fairy tail.
Chicago Undeground had hope but they too are gone. Cheers!

Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:03 am

Tool not gone

Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:12 am

If you like Tool check out Soen

Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:20 am

Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:36 am

robracer wrote:

Most of my stuff sits between 90 and 120....

I'm very much into flume and frank ocean...

Just don't get the hype around them... All the JJJ announces froth as if they're the new pearl jam or something... I don't see how they'll have the reach or longevity...

Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:30 am

robracer wrote:If you like Tool check out Soen

Good call

Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:43 am

Six Addict wrote:
robracer wrote:

Most of my stuff sits between 90 and 120....

I'm very much into flume and frank ocean...

Just don't get the hype around them... All the JJJ announces froth as if they're the new pearl jam or something... I don't see how they'll have the reach or longevity...

Well its pretty simple. You either like them or you dont like them. I dont see what the hype has to with any of it.
Really, who cares what a radio station says about a band? does it make you like them more?

Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:58 pm

Smiffy wrote:
robracer wrote:If you like Tool check out Soen

Good call

Thanks I will. Anyway who the fuck am I to say anything about music. There are only two kinds, the music you like and the music you don't like, and like our booze we all have different tastes. Sorry if I offended anybody, one must remember I'm an old crotchety fucker anyway. Cheers!

Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:06 pm

just had a listen to that first song :roll: boring as batshit, maybe OK if you had pulled a dozen cones :lol:

Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:31 pm

Like most stuff played on TripleJ, the sheep will hear it played in 6 or 12 months time on commercial Radio.......... and then it will be cool.

The amount of stuff I have played over the years to my mates that triple J play, to be told it's shit, then 6 months later while they listen to it on commercial busllhit radio, they are raving over it. Ryan lewis and Macklemore are one recent example!!! :) Sheep.................. Rock on Tame Impala! 8)
Post a reply