Poll ended at Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:17 pm

1 piece
2%
2 piece
98%

Total votes : 41

Leathers, 1 piece or 2?

Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:17 pm

I'm going to get myself some leathers and am trying to decide one peice or two. Just after your opinions. Track days will be a rarity as I have to get to Brisbane to do one, so I was thinking two piece as I can wear the pants and my summer jacket to stay a little cooler on highway stints.

Re: Leathers, 1 piece or 2?

Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:23 pm

Aussie Ninja wrote:I'm going to get myself some leathers and am trying to decide one peice or two. Just after your opinions. Track days will be a rarity as I have to get to Brisbane to do one, so I was thinking two piece as I can wear the pants and my summer jacket to stay a little cooler on highway stints.

You got it exactly :)

re: Leathers, 1 piece or 2?

Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:26 pm

I've always thought 2 piece were more versitile and I've cast my vote that way, however, for the last year I no longer commute by bike so I find I always wear my 2 piece as a suit. not separate ever any more.

If you do go for a 2 piece make sure the jacket is long enough to wear on its own, some of them are cut quite high to suit the pants they zip into.

Matt

Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:08 pm

Really who needs a 1 piece :?: ...........unless you are racing . Trackdays..........again how many trackdays a year do you/anyone do? Got to think of the practical side of things when choosing a suit.

Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:15 pm

I had the same thought recently and went with the 2-pc.

I found i always wore my last 2-pc suit as a suit, but it's always good to have the additional versatility in case you might need it.

Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:24 pm

Yep make sure they can zip together so you can do track days. 8)

Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:06 pm

buy a two piece, you can wear the pants with a bigger jacket in winter an the jacket with jeans.

most clubs will even let you race with 2 piece anyway.

Re: re: Leathers, 1 piece or 2?

Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:34 pm

Phil wrote:buy a two piece, you can wear the pants with a bigger jacket in winter an the jacket with jeans.

most clubs will even let you race with 2 piece anyway.

yep
exactly as Phil said
and track days?...ASBKSchool allow 2 piece leathers
so why bother with 1 piece

cheers

Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:14 pm

2 Piece is definately the way to go... I wear just the jacket through the week and jacket and pants on the weekends... 8)

Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:28 pm

2pc

Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:03 pm

2 piece would be a better option, because u can wear it as a 1 piece suit or just the jacket.

Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:39 pm

Well the Poll, says it all.

Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:01 pm

2 piece I'd say but seeing as I don't have either what would I know...

Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:45 pm

The odd one out on the votes is me - I meant to vote 2 pc for practicality, but a dirty spot on my trackball meant the cursor jumped on me :(
So go 2pc - you have a unanimous vote.
ty

Re: re: Leathers, 1 piece or 2?

Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:34 pm

ty wrote:a dirty spot on my trackball meant the cursor jumped on me :(
.... ty

what ..did the mouse click by itself..... :shock:

hehehe
Post a reply