Riding gear and Clothing Discussion
Post a reply

Would you buy it?

Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:59 am

I dont care how bloody light it is, is it really worth that much?

Would you buy it?

http://www.motoin.de/newsletter/2011-06 ... =1116-arai

Re: Would you buy it?

Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:32 am

nope

Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:01 am

No @#$%^ way!!

There's one Arai that I've had my eyes on though but it's not going very cheap either... :roll:

Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:30 am

Blurr wrote:I dont care how bloody light it is, is it really worth that much?

Would you buy it?

Perhaps not for your head, but I value mine and honestly, if I had that much money that I could afford it....I'd buy it!!! :)

What an awesome looking lid!!! :)

Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:41 am

Strika wrote:

Would you buy it?

Perhaps not for your head, but I value mine and honestly, if I had that much money that I could afford it....I'd buy it!!! :)

+1...but it's not likely to happen. :(

Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:29 am

No thanks, my current helmet is very comfortable and MUCH cheaper!

Would you buy it?

Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:45 am

If I was a gazillionaire yes, but geez my bikes all cost there abouts or less :lol:

Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:40 am

Strika wrote:

Would you buy it?

Why???? Doesnt have any extra safety benefits over standard Arai. You'd be kidding yourself if your trying to pass it off as a better protection for dollar equation.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:53 am

Not bloody likely....and carbon fibre is sooooooo yesterday ;)

Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:36 am

Blurr wrote:
Why???? Doesnt have any extra safety benefits over standard Arai. You'd be kidding yourself if your trying to pass it off as a better protection for dollar equation.

Who did this the other day? Mike-s? I'll give it a go :D

<devils_advocate> Not true, the lighter the helmet the safer it is, especially for your neck. The heavier the helmet, the heavier the head/helmet unit is, therefore the more force it takes for it to slow down or change direction in a crash: Force = mass x acceleration. The heavier the helmet, the more force it takes to slow it down or change direction in a crash, force = damage to the user. Imagine having a helmet that weigher 10kg, I'd hate to have my body hit something and the helmet with my head in it try to keep going :shock: </devils_advocate>

Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:00 pm

tim wrote:
Blurr wrote:

<devils_advocate> Not true, the lighter the helmet the safer it is, especially for your neck. The heavier the helmet, the heavier the head/helmet unit is, therefore the more force it takes for it to slow down or change direction in a crash: Force = mass x acceleration. The heavier the helmet, the more force it takes to slow it down or change direction in a crash, force = damage to the user. Imagine having a helmet that weigher 10kg, I'd hate to have my body hit something and the helmet with my head in it try to keep going :shock: </devils_advocate>

The same could be said for Arai vs RXT, Arai vs HJC etc etc. Just because an Arai costs more, doesn't mean it's safer. Not to say it isn't, but increased cost doesn't always = improved safety. Increased cost can also mean - more profit (for someone) or the implementation of other features.

As for the helmet in question. I wouldn't buy it. It's fucken ugly.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:02 pm

Na! :shock:

Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:11 pm

tim wrote:
Blurr wrote:

I say the following in the nicest possible way ;)

<devils_advocate> What a crock of shit. <devils_advocate>

If you go down and your head hits the deck the limited loss of acceleration due to a small loss in mass would be inconsiquentional. It is at this stage you are after cushioning, protrusion protection and shock protection.

I cant think of one time where I would think that if I had a lighter helmet my head wouldnt have hit the deck or as hard.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:32 pm

Blurr wrote:my head wouldnt have hit the deck or as hard.

Well that solves more than one mystery doesn't it :lol:

Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:22 pm

Blurr wrote:
tim wrote:<devils_advocate> ....Imagine having a helmet that weigher 10kg, I'd hate to have my body hit something and the helmet with my head in it try to keep going </devils_advocate>

I say the following in the nicest possible way ;)

<devils_advocate> What a crock of shit. <devils_advocate>

If you go down and your head hits the deck the limited loss of acceleration due to a small loss in mass would be inconsiquentional. It is at this stage you are after cushioning, protrusion protection and shock protection.

I cant think of one time where I would think that if I had a lighter helmet my head wouldnt have hit the deck or as hard.

Thanks for being nice :)

Hey I didn't say it was a big difference, but scientifically weight does make a difference, especially in a whiplash situation.
Post a reply