Riding gear and Clothing Discussion
Post a reply

visor fogging up

Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:23 am

gday all. my visor fogs up when i look at it..
is there anything that i can do or put on it to reduce it.

cheers

Re: visor fogging up

Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:39 am

Rainex, most bike shops will carry something for the job, or raid the kitchen for a potato, cut in half and rub that on it!!! yep it does work.
Rainex is prob best tho, think u can get them in wipes now.

Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:43 am

haha potatoes thats gold... but im part irish n cant afford to waste precious tatties.
cheers mate i'll head down road n get some rainex.... does the rainex work on both side to also expel rain water quickly to.

Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:50 am

Will work both sides of visor, used to use on my boat screen, beads off real well.
But im sure the guys at the bike shop will help.
Last time i was at the shop, i noticed the rainex in wipes, but didnt get any, still have the spray bottle. wipes would prob be easier to use

Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:36 am

yeah been to the shop. bloke reckons it doesnt work on the inside.. ya have to get fog off... lol i though he told me to fark off. but looking at the visor its the same material inside n out... maybe they r the same shit.

Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:05 pm

Forgot about fogoff, been using rainex for ever, no prob, i wear glasses and they fog up at times, mmm got to stop breathing heavy :) :)

Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:08 pm

hahaha... its prob the same stuff at the end of the day.. if it works ill give it ago. might also put it on my 4b's windscreen to.

Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:09 pm

"cat crap" is another product that I use, comes in a tiny red tub. Works pretty well.

Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:11 pm

Yep, forgot about that one to!!!
weird name tho!!!

visor fogging up

Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:43 pm

Fog city insert of similar are very good. Had one in for 3 years & still works fine

Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:03 pm

Suomy used to throw a fog city in with their helmets years ago, found them ok, they did work.

Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:08 pm

I used rainX on a visor once and it ended up permanently milky, might effect some plastics differently, try a on a tiny bit first.

Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:18 am

yeah rainx worked but i put it on lightly on the outside only.. it does say just for glass. so if i can find something else i prob will not use it anymore...

i'll look into the others mentioned n see whats best i suppose.

Cheers guys

Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:20 am

photomike666 wrote:Fog city insert of similar are very good. Had one in for 3 years & still works fine

+1 for Fog City. You can get a transition style. No where near as good as a tinted visor but still pretty good.

Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:10 am

fogcity
https://www.thehelmetwarehouse.com.au/s ... how_detail

catcrap
https://www.thehelmetwarehouse.com.au/s ... how_detail
Post a reply