Riding gear and Clothing Discussion
Post a reply

Re: visor fogging up

Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:03 pm

1. Spit on it ....... the inside of the visor, I mean. And not a big green slimy poc - just normal spit, then wipe it over the surface till its dry.
It's what scuba divers do on their face masks.

2. Dish washing liquid ..... found this totally by accident on a tour of Tassie many years ago. While using it to clean the bugs off the outside
of the visor, I used a clean tissue and the dwl on the inside, and next morning NO FOG !

HTH ..

Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:21 pm

I use Pinlock on my Shoei. I'll never go back to a liquid system again. I used to use catcrap, but I found it wore of real quick and didn't work especially well up here anyway. It was good for cool spring mornings, but as soon as the fog and cold weather arrived, it really struggled. I've still got an almost new tub if you want it :D

Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:47 pm

Nosferatu wrote:I use Pinlock on my Shoei. I'll never go back to a liquid system again. I used to use catcrap, but I found it wore of real quick and didn't work especially well up here anyway. It was good for cool spring mornings, but as soon as the fog and cold weather arrived, it really struggled. I've still got an almost new tub if you want it :D

Just ordered 2 pinlocks. One for each visor. 8)

Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:27 pm

JPaddo wrote:
Nosferatu wrote:I use Pinlock on my Shoei. I'll never go back to a liquid system again. I used to use catcrap, but I found it wore of real quick and didn't work especially well up here anyway. It was good for cool spring mornings, but as soon as the fog and cold weather arrived, it really struggled. I've still got an almost new tub if you want it :D

Just ordered 2 pinlocks. One for each visor. 8)

i still gotta get another visor to.. only have the clear.. gotta figure out how to remove it to. the arai i have has covers over the visor ends.

I heard before that dish washing liquid works but i think i read on another post here that they contain salts that arnt good for the visor.

jpaddo yeah i'll be keen but i'm in vic.

Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:42 am

If you road a harley this would not be an issue

Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:14 am

Well I can report that the pinlocks are AWESOME. Thanks Nosferatu for convincing me.

Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:43 am

isnt altering any helmet or part of your helmet ilegal?
pinlocks and drilling holes in visors looks dodgy to me

Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:00 am

The arai visors feel like u r gunna break them putting them in. Check your manual, theres instructions in there

sent from my Android using Tapatalk

Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:17 am

Hold your breath......?

Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:19 am

dickfaber wrote:isnt altering any helmet or part of your helmet ilegal?

I have a shoei with the pinlocks pre-installed, just had to buy the insert.

Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:02 am

JPaddo wrote:Well I can report that the pinlocks are AWESOME. Thanks Nosferatu for convincing me.

No worries mate :D

JPaddo wrote:
dickfaber wrote:isnt altering any helmet or part of your helmet ilegal?

I have a shoei with the pinlocks pre-installed, just had to buy the insert.

I got mine the same way, pre installed. You can get the visor with just the posts installed, or with the insert as well. I have heard it is a bit of a pain to try and fit these yourself, so its probably cheaper in the long run to just get the visor pre installed. If it was illegal, they wouldn't be able to sell them.
Post a reply