Riding gear and Clothing Discussion
Post a reply

Re: Custom Leathers

Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:51 pm

First i had heard of it to!!! but as we kno the roo suit was dearer, anyway went with good old moo hide.

Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:54 pm

Strika wrote:Whoever told you that kangaroo leather keeps on stretching is full of shit. :roll: Fuck, the crap some people can make up when they want to sell you something! :roll:

Forgot to say, he was a ex peter stevens salesman :roll: :roll:

Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:21 am

i'm with billy the tiger angle suits are awesome very comfy pretty light and tried and tested they hold together when it all turns to shit

Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:57 am

steve086 wrote:i'm with billy the tiger angle suits are awesome very comfy pretty light and tried and tested they hold together when it all turns to shit

:D :D :D

Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:59 pm

mmamster wrote:Thanks for the info, I like the look of jackson racing he has some very satisfied customers over on netrider taking him up. Gimoto seems a bit expensive as does Tiger Angel although the option of altering in Melbourne is a good one.

Another option I have found is Pilot which is a US custom brand sold by sportbiketrackgear.com, a website I have used a lot and trust. Here is the link http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Categories.bok?category=Leather+Race+Suits%3APilot

Cost of a custom made suit starts at $1260 USD delivered.

I'll ring tigerangel and Jackson during the week to get some indication of price. Jackson seems to be about $1200 AUD and tiger closer to $2K.

Price from tiger angel for classic suit made to measure and pick your own desighn was $1650.All there suits are the same except for the panel coulors on the others

Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:05 pm

Strika wrote:.......Whoever told you that kangaroo leather keeps on stretching is full of shit. :roll: Fuck, the crap some people can make up when they want to sell you something! :roll:......

that must have been the same spanker who reckons that using Dubbin rots your stitching !!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:40 pm

Gosling1 wrote:
Strika wrote:.......Whoever told you that kangaroo leather keeps on stretching is full of shit. :roll: Fuck, the crap some people can make up when they want to sell you something! :roll:......

that must have been the same spanker who reckons that using Dubbin rots your stitching !!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bet his bike is jetted for altitude though ;)

Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:13 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I almost threw that in as well !!

But talking about custom leathers - there is a set of leathers that have just landed in Anarchy Road - not my place unfortunately - and they look like the leathers you can find here.....

:lol:

Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:09 pm

I ended up ordering a set of custom Tiger Angel leathers today mainly because they are in Melbourne about 5 minutes from my office. Dropped in and was measured up by Steve who helped me do the design. I have added some features to the standard design (a few logos, heaps of stretch panels and perforation) and all up cost is $1936 for a 2 pc.

I got quotes from gimoto which was about the same in cow and a few hundred more in roo skin.

Key thing is that Tiger Angel can deliver the suit to me this Friday so I can use it at PI on Monday next week. Also they can make adjustments etc easily.

Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:13 pm

Its still money well spent, now u got a suit that will last a very long time, and very well made. good choice :) :)
Piks up when u got it :kuda:

Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:59 pm

Got the Tigerangel suit yesterday, have been out for a spin and its fantastically comfortable. I'll post some more comments after the track day on Monday. Here are a few pics. Note the colour matching socks.

http://flic.kr/p/aDF9Wi

http://flic.kr/p/aDK1Uu
Post a reply