Z, ZRX, ER & other naked bikes. Get naked in here.!
Post a reply

Z1000 suspension upgraded

Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:14 pm

gidday all , after nearly 7 years of fun riding on the old Zeddy i finally got some suspension work done. started with fitting a zx6r shock mel gave me a few years ago, then took it to laurie @ suspension smith here in canberra for him to wave his magic wand over. he set up the rear shock & replaced the fork seals & oil , he also did a revalve job on them for me . the upside is the old beasty now handles fuckin great , thanks heaps laurie. bring on the c.d.t to realy try it out now :twisted: :kuda:

Re: Z1000 suspension upgraded

Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:48 am

Nice Mick 8)

Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:00 am

Yep Laurie does a top job on suspension. 8)

Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:39 pm

That's awesome Mick.

Laurie did the front end of mine about a year ago (racetech springs and gold valve kit) and it handles heaps better. Now I just have to get off my butt and fit the zx10r shock I have.

Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:50 pm

nice work mick! :)

Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:41 pm

Bloody hell, that means I've known Wattie for more than 7 years.......I feel older all of a sudden.

Nice work mate

Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:45 pm

I feel old now. That was my 1st bike off my P's...
Haha

Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:50 pm

ha ha 7 years , well i ve known gos for about 30 years , talk about feelin old :P , you know a good mate lasts that long . same as a good bike , the zeddy hasn t missed a beaat in that time , even still got the same battery in it . thats kwakka reliabability for ya .[ hows that for an unpaid advert] :kuda:

Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:30 pm

:kuda:

Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:13 am

Nice work Mick, gotta love a Z with upgraded suspension. :kuda: :kuda: Did you notice it steered any better with the ZX-6R shock in the rear? Did he add a compression circuit to the "dead leg"? Thats what Glenn Willing has done to Firey and Harv's ones up here.

I had the same (genuine) battery in my ol ZX-9R for 9 years too

Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:19 pm

Phil wrote:Nice work Mick, gotta love a Z with upgraded suspension. :kuda: :kuda: Did you notice it steered any better with the ZX-6R shock in the rear? Did he add a compression circuit to the "dead leg"? Thats what Glenn Willing has done to Firey and Harv's ones up here.

I had the same (genuine) battery in my ol ZX-9R for 9 years too

i don t think he did a compression circuit in the dead leg, but it does seem to steer a lot easier than before though, we both got great value outa the standard batteries though . i just looooove the mighty zeddys :kuda:
Post a reply