Z, ZRX, ER & other naked bikes. Get naked in here.!
Post a reply

ZRX at PI Classic

Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:15 pm

This was in the pits at the races - ~2001 with USD, upgraded brakes, swing arm, shocks, wheels, rear-sets.
Nice understated bike :kuda:
{edit: speeling mistuke}
Attachments
PI_Classic_ZRX_resize_2.jpg
PI_Classic_ZRX_resize_2.jpg (227.29 KiB) Viewed 5247 times

Re: ZRX at PI Classic

Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:26 am

That trick looking ZRX belongs to Michael Dibb, yes the reining Aussie P5 Unlimited champion and member of the victorious Aussie Team in the International Challenge :D .

I have been speaking to him throught the build process :twisted: and I have to say that even though I am not a fan of USD forks this one does look pretty cool.

Love the wheels too, I think they look really trick. Next up on his agenda is a paint job in the right colour ;)
Last edited by Phil on Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:28 am

Oh, BTW, swingarm is off a ZX-6R and the exhaust is from a ZZR. Rex who he rides for is a Gazi dealer too, so thats why he has Gazi rear shocks ;)

Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:04 pm

Phil wrote:Oh, BTW, swingarm is off a ZX-6R and the exhaust is from a ZZR. Rex who he rides for is a Gazi dealer too, so thats why he has Gazi rear shocks ;)

Well that and the fact that all the cool kids have Gazi rear shocks :D

Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:51 am

I thought the thing was "if it aint gold its old" :D :D :D :kuda:

Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:40 pm

very tidy :kuda:

Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:22 pm

Nice 8)

What wheels?
Is there any advantage/disadvantage with the zx6 swingarm?

Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:07 pm

Front wheel is the OE one for the forks (MT-01) from memory, the rear is one he he picked up from a wrecker to match the front, not sure what brand it was though.

Disadvantahe to the arm is it just looks like a normal arm, not sure if it is any stiffer than the OE one or not, and unless you were really punting it hard doubt you'd notice that much difference. I think my braced OE arm looks fatter ;)
Post a reply